Chapter 10; Travel

*3rd POV *

"Are we ready?" Jack called, as Michael and Gavin mounted their horses. The king stepped up, dressed in his riding attire with the cloak the former queen had made him a while again it seemed now.

"Yes" He spoke, as he mounted his pure black stallion, adjusting himself in his saddle.

"Forward" The king told his three companions as they headed out to the east where the kingdom of King John Into was. Michael was in front, then Gavin, he King and Jack brought up the rear of the four person convoy.

xxxx

It had been four hours since the start of the journey. The fatigue of the riders obvious as Gavin had almost fallen off twice in the past hour from his body forcing rest.

"Stop" The king called and everyone gladly halted their mounts.

"Let us rest for a few hours" Hearing the Kings orders, Gavin happily dismounted, horribly, but he got off, along with the others. Each horse was tied to a separate tree, with their riders bringing them to a nearby pond one at a time so the horses could drink. Each horse was fed a few stalks of grass and some oats found in the saddle bags.

The four men laid down blankets and then settled upon them. Michael sat up while the others laid down, unofficially taking a shift to watch the others as they slept. About thirty minutes into his shift, Gavin woke up, noticing Michael sitting there.

"Micoo? What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm watching us, we don't need a creeper or enderman catching us all sleeping dumbass" The warrior responded, as he turned to face the wheat haired jester.

"Oh.. That makes sense" Gavin nodded, suddenly feeling just a little bit dumb.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" Gavin spoke, and Michael nodded, allowing the brit to slide himself up so that he was sitting beside Michael. Gavin leaned into Michael's side, his head resting on the two year-older mans shoulder.

"Thanks love" The brit whispered as he looked out into the forest. Michael felt a blush hit his cheeks with that word escaping Gavin's lips. They were half-dating, often found hiding in the others rooms, yet they hadn't consummated, not yet. It hadn't felt right to do it yet, for both wanted it to be special and that time hadn't come yet.

"Your welcome Gav" Michael turned and tilted his head to place a kiss upon the former's forehead. Finally, Gavin fell asleep leaning into Michael and the warrior kept his gaze on the oak and birch forest in front of them.

xxxx

"Who are you?" The voice spoke through a redstone speaker.

"My name is King Ray, I come from the Narvaez kingdom in the southeast, and I have with me Sir Michael, my warrior, Sir Jack my adviser and the Jester Gavin" Ray spoke.

"You may enter" The voice responded, and the large iron gates protested with loud creaks and moans as they swung open. The four rode into the kingdom, their mounts stepping on a beautiful stone pathway. Gavin looked around, noticing the beautiful blue and beige flags and decorations that adored the main part of the kingdom. Michael noted the large stone and iron castle, with many different designs on its surface. They reached the stables, where a man wearing a blue outfit with beige highlights waited. The men dismounted and handed off their steeds to the man, who was to tie them up while the king and his three men were at the kingdom.

Another man showed up, this one was dressed in blue armor and biege cape. He gestured for the four to follow, and they did. King Ray was at the head, with Michael just behind him, then Jack and Gavin followed in the rear. The four were led into the castle, but instead of going to the throne room, they were led down stairs to a closed off corridor with four separate rooms, a bathroom and a kitchen.

"Here is where you will be allowed to rest and stay while here in the Into Kingdom, the king will see you first thing tomorrow morning, have a good night" The knight spoke, bowing to Ray before exiting.

"I call the best room!" Gavin shouted as Michael slapped him behind the head.

"Ray gets the best room dumbass, he's the fuckin' king" Michael scolded.

"Besides the knight gets the second best room and your with me so chill" He winked as Gavin blushed and Jack rolled his eyes.

"Get a room" Jack chuckled.

"Oh we will" Michael laughed.

"God, ever since I saved Gavin, you two have been undeniably annoying" Ray complained.

"I'm going to find my room and retire" Jack looked at Ray, who nodded.

"I will as well" Ray walked down to look at each room, before deciding on the furthest room down the hall on the left.

"Good night my king" Michael called, before dragging Gavin to the room that was beside Rays. Walking in the room, it had one bed with a bedside table and a small dresser.

"Ah, nice and comfortable" Gavin spoke, looking about the room. He squeaked when Michael tackled him to the bed, pinning him below, his hands holding Gavin's wrists above his head as his legs straddled the man, so he basically was sitting on him.

"Micoo! Let me up" Gavin tried to push against Michael, but the man above him was stronger. Smirking, Michael knew that and he leaned forward, pressing a kiss to Gavin's lips. The man's struggles to get free stopped as soon as Michael's lips met his. Michael let his legs go limp and slowly laid himself completely on Gavin, using his entire body weight to keep the brit down. His hands released Gavin's wrists. Michael's hands started running through Gavin's hair, his eyes closed as their tongues fought for dominance. Eventually Gavin gave in and his fingers wrapped into Michael's curly hair.

A few moments later, the two broke apart, their kiss broken and Michael gently rolled off Gavin and they laid side by side. Their shoulders brushed as Michael grabbed the comforter and pulled it up to cover both of them. Gavin turned onto his side and moved so that his head was on Michael's shoulder, arm placed lazily across the mans stomach.

"Night Gavin" Michael whispered, kissing Gavin's forehead.

"Night love"