Chapter 18: Month Three

Three months has passed since Gavin found Michael. Two months since he became king. Now Michael could walk a few feet with a cane, and he was slowly building his leg muscles back up. Ryan was a lot more happier and friendly, not as creepy, cunning or scary anymore.

The kingdom was at peace, no wars as King Gavin reigned. Geoff was at peace, watching his son rule and Jack helped the new king. The only ones that knew Michael was alive were Ray, Gavin and Ryan.

"Gavin" Michael whined softly, he was laying in bed and being lazy.

"What? I have to go to a meeting" Gavin asked, looking over at Michael.

"Can you bring me a steak?" Michael looked so sad sitting there.

"You have to work on walking" Gavin sighed, looking at the male in the bed. His skin was a more lively color and his auburn locks were clean and curly once more.

"But I'm tired" He groaned, crossing his arms over his chest with a huff. Gavin acquiesced and tossed Michael a steak. The lad in bed grinned and ate it, smiling at Gavin.

"I'll be back soon" Gavin smirked as he left the room.

•A few hours later•

"Ray, he's driving me nuts" Gavin groaned, rubbing his face with his hands.

"He's just bored. Give him a month or two of walking around the room and then you can take him out for a walk" Ray stated, as the pair walked through the new garden.

"I wish I could tell the kingdom. Then he could walk through the castle. Keeping him coped up isn't good either" Gavin sighed through his nose.

"Tell them anyway. I say he's healthy enough" Ray advised.

"If you say so bud" Gavin nodded.

•Next Day•

Gavin called the entire kingdom together. Michael stood nervously beside him. As the kingdom gathered, some pointed to Michael.

"Citizens, you have been lied to. I'm not your real king nor was Ryan. Your real King Michael was alive all along" Gavin took a step back and allowed Michael to walk forward.

"I have been out of the picture for about a year. In that time you have all had two different men taking my position. As I am back in the picture now, Gavin has graciously given the throne back" Gavin was unsure about this, but he figured that he was better suited to being the jester and Michaels knight.

The crowd cheered as Michael stepped back, nodding to Gavin who called that they could return back to what they were doing.

"It is good to have you back on the throne Love, but your still confined to the castle until your stronger" Gavin stated.

"I won't push myself, promise" Michael waved Gavin off. Gavin sighed but they went about the day.

Michael settled back into being king easily. He left Gavin alone and walked the castle every day twice a day with his trusty cane.

"So, Michaels doing better" Ray muttered as Gavin nodded. The two were going for a ride in the countryside.

"Yes, he's really settling in well. How are you and Ryan?" Gavin asked. Ray blushed heavily as he looked down the trail.

"That good? Did he take you on a special journey?" Gavin hinted, chuckling softly.

"He may have, once or twice" Ray said so softly, Gavin barely heard him.

"Ray you sly dog!" Gavin said, smiling.

"What about you Michael?" Ray prodded.

"Micoo and I haven't gone further than kissing" Gavin stated, perfectly honest.

"Really? What're you waiting for? A proposal?" Ray joked.

"We're waiting for the perfect time" Gavin protested, to which Ray rolled his eyes. The pair fell quiet after that and eventually ended up in the stables.

"Sir Gavin?" A stable hand asked, walking up to Ga in as he put his horse away.

"Yes?" Gavin answered as the kid looked at him.

"King Michael is asking for you in the throne room" He stated before turning away. Gavin tilted his head in confusion as Ray walked up to him.

"What's up?" Ray asked, as Gavin left the stall.

"I need to go the the throne room" Gavin responded as he headed out of the stables.

"Gav! Wait" Ray jogged up to Gavin, walking with him to the throne room. They walked into the castle and down the hall, shoving open the door. Michael stood on the throne, still a little skinny and not as muscled as he used to be. A woman with light blond hair stood near the base.

"Gavin? Is that you?" Her voice sounded vaguely familiar to Gavin.

"Gav, this woman here claims to know you" Michael told Gavin, as the woman stepped closer. Her light green eyes caught on his emerald ones. Those eyes, so familiar.

•Flashback•

"That's my Gavin! Come here" He waddled towards the voice. His baby eyes picking out the bright green of his mum. Her English accented voice was soothing to the babe. He had heard her words when he was still in her womb.

He remembered dogs barking at the door. His mum wrapped him up and took off. As she ran, a metallic scent permeated the air.

•Flashback end•

"Gavin?" Michael prodded as Gavin staggered slightly.

"M-Mum?" The words left his mouth as the woman smiled, stepping closer to him. He closed the distance between them and hugged her.

"Gav?" Michaels voice cut through the hug. Gavin took a step back and looked up at his love.

"I'm sorry. King Michael and sir Ray? This is my mum Sarah Free" Gavin spoke, introducing them briefly. He remembered her name from his father speaking it in the house.

"It's nice to meet you ma'am" King Michael eased off the throne, using his cane to walk over to Gavin's mother. He raised a hand and they shook and Ray did the same.

"Mum, how did you find me? I thought you left me as a baby?" Gavin asked, curious.

"Let's go somewhere private and I'll tell you"