Chapter 4; Festivities

{ 3rd POV }

Geoff stood behind a thick green curtain with silver trim. Ray stood beside him on his right and Jack stood on his left. Michael was posted in front of the elegant green chair, facing the curtain. The villagers crammed together, trying to see the king for themselves up close. A dong made its noise five times before the curtain drew apart, revealing the king, his favorite knight and his counselor. The man walked down a green and silver carpet, Ray and Jack walking beside him, keeping in time with his steps. Michael looked to the king, who approached a green and silver elegantly designed chair with a step up to the chairs platform. Geoff ascended up that one step and turned as he settled on the chair.

"May the festivities begin!" The king announced as the crowd cheered loudly, before dispersing. Geoff had noticed that Gavin wasn't with Michael, where he was supposed to be.

"Michael" The king spoke gently to his warrior.

"Yes, my liege" He asked, bowing down to the king.

"Where is Gavin?" He asked. Michael nodded, now concerned with the disappearence of his best friend.

"I am unsure my sire" Michael responded, confusion in his gaze.

"Please find him" Geoff ordered as Michael nodded, turning on his heel, his blue cape swirling behind him as he headed to the stables.

"Kerry!!" Michael roared, his voice echoing through the stables.

"What?!" Kerry asked, appearing near the end of the stable, crossing his arms across his deep blue tunic.

"Did Gavin take out Grisham last night?" Michael asked as Kerry came closer.

"Hold on, let me ask Kdin" Kerry said, turning and walking into a deeper part of the stables. Michael tapped his foot on the stable's cobblestone floor as Kerry reappeared.

"Yea, around 7:30" He answered.

"Ok, get me Hildago please" Michael ordered and Kerry nodded, taking only a few moments to saddle and bridle up the stallion. Michael grasped the reins, flipping them over his neck and mounted. Michael slapped the stallion's rear with the reins and raced into the forest, the hoofbeats thudding semi-quietly on the grass and dirt.

The man in question was laying on a soft bed, his eyes opening slowly. Gavin slowly lifted himself up from the pillow and looked around the room. It had a four story bed in which he laid currently, and it had a oak wood dresser and semi­large closet. The sheets of the bed were orange and red, but not harsh colors, softer like a sunset orange and light red. He knew this room from when he was younger, and he had run away from home.

He sat up in the bed, noticing he was still in his green leotard and his boots were sitting on the floor beside the bed. Gavin looked up as the door creaked open, and in stepped the King himself, with his Queen by his side.

"Gavin, you're awake" Dan said , a smile on his face.

"Dan?" Gavin said, his voice light and slightly groggy.

"What were you doing out in the woods at night?" Queen Jessica said, her tone of voice full of worry as she rushed over. Jessica, Dan and Gavin had been close friends growing up as the two kingdoms, Gavin and Dan's, had been quite close before Dan took the throne. He broke it about 4 years ago, when his daughter, Princess Clara, was 12 years old and she's now 16 years.

"I..um..," He muttered, rubbing his hand on the back of his head. King Dan knew that sign and so he gently guided his wife out and shut the door so it was only him and Gavin now. Gavin noticed Dan slowly walk over to the bed and sit beside him, the bed dipping under his weight.