Chapter 3; News & A Bit O' Fun

{ 3rd POV }

"No.." Time slowed down and the tension rose as those words left Michaels mouth and simultaneously Ray rushed to Gavin's side almost in slo-mo { A/N; lol SMG's ref. } Michael watched as Ray crumpled beside Gavin, in a scene so achingly familiar...

{ Flashback- 13 yr old Michael }

Michael stood outside the small wooden cottage, his eyes focusing almost blankly as heat scorched his face. He watched as the flames went higher and higher, engulfing his family home. His mother cried out as she helped his father limp from the fire covered front door. His father collapsed, and his mother sunk down beside him, sobbing. The flames lapped at the sky hungrily as a cat would lap at a saucer of milk. He felt himself tense as a stray bit of fire caught his dads pant legs. His mother's scream fell upon deaf ears as Michael only watched his fathers pants burst into flames. His mother tried to put out the flames and then they grabbed her too.

"Michael Run!" His mother shouted as both his parents slowly caught on fire. Michael finally unfroze and took off running away from the heat, tears streaking down his face. He rushed through the forest and didn't stop until he fell to his knees on the outskirts of a village almost 3 miles away from his home. He knew that his kingdom, the Gruchy-Kingdom, had a treaty with the nearby Ramsey-Kingdom. Michael knew the village he looked at now was not apart of his kingdom. The flags that flew in the setting sun were deep green with a gold and silver trim. Michael had no ties to his previous kingdom now that his parents were dead so he got to his feet once more.

The thirteen year old carried through the village until he came to a small shop with a potion sign hanging by the door. Over the top of the door were the words: ⚡ Tuggey and Bragg⚡ Sunset Hills Apothecary. Michael didn't even have a chance to get knock on the door when he fell to the ground, his knees buckling as he fell flat on his side. He barely heard the door creak open as he passed out.

{ Flashback End }

"-hael! Michael!" Ray stood, shaking Michael's shoulders as the King, Jack and Gavin watched him, concerned. Jeremy had been sent off after Michael and Gavin had arrived. Michael blinked his eyes as he recalled the fact that he may lose his king. He looked at Geoff and didn't want to say what he was going to.

"Geoff, my king, you aren't going to go right?" He whispered, his words growing stronger as he spoke. Geoff sighed as Michael grew closer to the throne.

"I have to Michael" He stated as Gavin realized that he might loose his father. Gavin walked over to the king, lowering his eyes before lifting them up to gaze into the King's own cerulean blue ones.

"Dad.." Gavin whispered, falling to his knees in front of the throne. The king stood, and stepped off the throne, kneeling down to Gavin's eye level. His cape pooled around him as he gently placed a hand on Gavin's chin, forcing the man to look into Geoff's eyes.

"Gav, son, I don't want to leave you, and I'll do everything I can to win" The king stated, his words soft.

"But Da-Geoff, I-I d-don't want y-you to l-leave me" Gavin sobbed softly, pushing himself in Geoff's chest, head pushed into his shoulder.

"Gavin, son, I will come back" The king reassured him. The pair broke apart as King Geoff stood, holding out his hand for Gavin. The jester grasped Geoff's outstretched hand as the king helped his son up. The news of Gavin being the actual prince and a jester was no news to Michael, Ray or Jack.

"We must train you again my liege" Michael said, bowing to the king.

"Michael, I'll be fine" The man responded. Michael didn't like not training Geoff, but it was the king's choice. He had a bad feeling, but the King readjusted himself on the throne as his eyes began to twinkle.