Chapter 5; Battle With Destiny

[ 3rd POV ]

"And I'm here early..."

Geoff looked up into those dark blue eyes, his own semi-light blue eyes widening with fear. As he focused on the man, he felt himself start to quiver gently. The king also felt anger at the fact that the man dared to show early.

"You weren't suppoused to show up until the end of the week" Geoff stated, his voice raised, showing a slight irritation.

"Eh, didn't wanna wait to become king" The man stated, his eyes glinting as he spoke, his words full of cockiness.

"Why are you so cocky? Do you really think you're just going to be handed the crown?" Geoff sneered, irritated more so because of the man's obvious cockiness.

"Because..." Ryan began to circle the king, with Geoff doing the same, "I never lose" Ryan finished, as he thrusted an emerald green sword at Geoff, who parried it away.

"Wha-?" Geoff wondered, the sword was an unknown color, and it pulsed with ancient hieroglyphs running up and down its sharp and glinting green blade. The man, Ryan, backed up upon noticing Geoff paused.

"What kind of sword is that?" The king asked, lifting a questioning finger to point at the object.

"What, this old thing?" The vagabond said softly, nonchalantly. The king only nodded.

"It's a sword made of Emerald, a mineral so rare, only a master blacksmith could forge anything with it. It pulses with End energy, which is found only after killing the mythical Ender dragon. It is enchanted with Power III and Knockback II" Ryan smirked, his voice full of pride of the weapon he wielded. He ended his words, with a lunge at the king. Geoff tried to block it, but Ryan shoved him onto the carpet. The vagabond poised his sword to the man's throat.

"Any last words?" Ryan asked, narrowing his eyes.

"I'm sorry Ga-" Geoff didn't get to finish his words as the sword cut his skin, and his blood gushed out, covering Ryan's blade.

"Geoff!" A voice yelled.

~-~-~-

Gavin slowly woke up, in a dark room. Michael, Ray and Jack showed themselves as they coughed and cleared their throats. As Gavin located the three's positions in the room, a bad feeling hit him. He sought his way to Michael and, before the man figured out what happened, Gavin took his sword and found a way out.

"Gavin!" Michael roared, but Gavin barely heard him. The man reached the town square and saw a dark figure standing over a figure on the ground.

"I'm sorry Ga-" The man on the ground started before a horrid gurgling sound echoed.

"Geoff!' Gavin hollered, raising the heavy sword a little and raced at the dark figure. Gavin slid to a stop and shoved the sword at Ryan, but his sword was easily deflected.

"Easy there Jester" the man chuckled. He raised a dark green sword and began wiping it clean of Geoff's blood. Gavin sank to the ground before Geoff'f still body.

"Why...?" Gavin whimpered, but he felt a rage under the surface.

"Gavin! Give me back my sword you asshole!" Michael's voice boomed as the fully pissed red-head showed. Michael stopped a few feet away, his anger disappearing as he noticed his sword on the ground, with Gavin sunk beside a still figure on the ground. Another figure was grabbing a fallen object on the ground.

"No.." Michael whispered, his rage building again, as he slowly began to lose it. Ray walked up silently behind Michael, appearing at his right and a hand went over his mouth. Jack soon appeared on his left, and instead of growing upset or angry, he just knelt down, bowing his head.