Heart of a Home

Narrator's POV

Hermione stayed at Malfoy Manor until she got better, her and Malfoy healing together. They spent their days together, Hermione would be reading a book and he'd be holding her, stroking her hair. Or, Draco would be playing wizards chess with the magic set that didn't require a second person; it moved by itself. Harry and Ron would visit daily, Ginny tagging along on most days. This allowed Ginny to ask Hermione what she thought the baby's name should be.

"I can't give my opinion!" Hermione said. "That would be unfair, and it's not even my child!"

Ginny threw her hands up. "Well, apparently, Harry has chosen all the names for our future children," Ginny exclaimed. "I'm the one carrying it for nine months, I should get to name my child!"

"Compromise," Hermione presented. "You can both find a name you'll like. It doesn't have to be a competition."

Ginny shook her head. "With my hormones, everything is a competition."

Draco, Harry, and Ron decided to practice quidditch outside in the grassy area.

Hermione and Ginny watched from the window as Draco flew and pushed Harry in the brooms.

"Funny, isn't it?" Ginny said.

Hermione smiled. "Yes, it is."

They didn;t need to explain; they already knew what they were thinking. That the people who hated each other so much could love each other and learn to tolerate others. Maybe even grow to like their presence, as friends.

"Oh," Ginny shouted. "I have something to tell you!"

Hermione nodded her head.

"I really shouldn't tell you," Ginny started, "but I wanted to make sure you wouldn't have a bad reaction."

"Why would I have a bad reaction?"

Ginny sighed. "Ron met someone."

Hermione's eyes widened. "As in...a girl?"

Ginny nodded. "Well that's great!" Hermione insisted. "Why hasn't he told me?"

"Well, he thought it'd be weird," Ginny said. "God, he won't even tell us who she is."

"We'll find out," Hermione assured.

*****

A couple months passed by, and leaves turned to shades of yellow, orange and brown. Hermione was back into her apartment and Draco tagged along. Insisting that they share a bedroom, an offer Hermione declined.

They were both at work, Draco now working for the Ministry of Magic where he is hoping to be promoted. Hermione was on her lunch break and was about to meet Draco when her phone rang. Thank goodness Draco wasn't here, he would have slapped her phone out of her hand. Again.

"Harry?" Hermione answered,

"It's time," he said. "I'm going to be a father."

Hermione grabbed Draco and they apparated to the hospital.

Draco and Hermione rushed in.

Harry smiled. "You're just in time," he said, as he turned around to reveal a baby boy in his arms.

"Oh," Hermione whispered, admiring the adorable babe who's eyes were still shut, his fingers scrunched up in a little ball.

Draco congratulated Harry and Hermione sat down next to Ginny. "Oh, you're so brave," Hermione said to Ginny.

"Thank you," she said. "Would you like to hold him?"

Hermione nodded, and Harry placed him into Hermione's arms.