Forget

I woke up, the intense kiss still linger on my lips from the night before. I decided I was going to need to forget to help me through work today, I knew I was going to need to be strong to ignore Draco after last night.

As I was frying eggs on the pan, a pair of arms wrapped around me. "Good morning," He said, and placed a kiss on my neck.

I turned my head around. "Wh-What Are you doing?"

He took this as an opportunity to peck my lips. "I'm showering you with love." I pushed him away, receiving hurt looks from the blonde in front of me.

I left the food on the stove and left the kitchen. Fuck the food, I'll get through this day myself.

I finally arrived to work and stayed in my office, knowing that if I left my office, he'd be outside. On my desk was a jelly donut inside a small box. Taped on the box was a small letter.

I hope you enjoy this donut that is almost as sweet as you

-Caleb

I smiled and sat down in my chair, picking up the box and opening the lid. I bit into the donut to be surprised with a light strawberry filling, not too sweet, but just enough to satisfy my empty stomach. It was as if he knew that I was starving. A knock came from the door and Draco entered, still wearing his small, rounded glasses.

"I got your papers for you," He said, and chuckled a bit. "You uh, got something there."

I ignored him.

He took this as an invitation to reach over my desk and wipe the jelly of my lips, and then licking his own thumb. "Mmm."

Pretending that it was not the hottest thing ever, I grabbed the papers and stared at them hard. Draco chuckled even more, calling my pretension and left the room. I dropped the papers and picked up the donut jelly to bite it, only to toss it away. Just looking at the donut made me think of Draco. And my goal today is not get distracted. I shook my head. No. I mustn't let myself get distracted.

*****

I held a bag of dried green apple chips in my hand. Ever since Mrs. Weasley discovered the drying of fruits, she's been sending me bags of varieties of fruits to consume. You're skinny to the bone! She'd say. I stood up to go to the restroom. I planned to ignore Draco while walking there if I saw him. I grabbed a chip and bit it as I walked out the door, but I bumped into someone.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. I had my arms up between us. "Draco!" I whispered. "Let go!"

He smirked and leaned down. He ate the piece of dried apple from my hand, gently brushing my fingers with his lips. He leaned in to my ear. "Mmm," he whispered, and let me go, biting his bottom lip. It affected me in a way I couldn't explain, and I ran back into my office, forgetting what I was doing in the first place.

I felt the need to go the rest room again. I slowly poked my head out the door to make sure the coast was clear, and ran down to the bathroom.

After making sure my hands were thoroughly washed, I creeped carefully through the hall way and reached for the doorknob. A pair of arms wrapped and my waist and my senses went off, elbowing the person. "Stop!" I yelled and turned and only to see it wasn't Draco, but Caleb.

"OW!"

"Caleb!" I was shocked. "I'm so sorry!"

"Remind me never to surprise you again," He groaned.

*****

Caleb took me out for lunch, and he held my hand so much, I almost couldn't eat at all. "Caleb, I can't eat with you holding my hand all the time," I whined.

"Then I'll feed you," He responded, reached over, and forked food into my mouth. I chuckled and chewed down as he looked me in the eye. "Hermione, I need to talk to you." His eyes turned serious, and he let go of my hand.

I nodded. "Sure."

"I'm being sent to Paris in two days, France soon to do some research, and I don't know how long I'll be gone," He started. "It could be up to a year."

"What are you staying?" I said, my voice shaking.

His eyes melted mine into warm chocolate as he reached over for my hand once more and squeezed it gently. "I want to ask you if you wanted to come with me to Paris."

*****

I returned home that night to a dark and quiet home. The house was filled with the sour smell of alcohol, and I knew Draco had done some drinking while I was gone all day. The question Caleb dropped on me caught me by surprise that I never returned to work, not at home. The only reason I came back was because of my exhausting shoulders dreading me down from the hours of endless walks. I turned on the light and there he was, Draco, crashed on the couch, his eyes slightly drooping. I smiled lightly at the sight of a finally quiet Draco and walked away.

"Hermione," I heard. I turned around to see Draco murmuring in his sleep. "Mione," he whispered. The way my name rolled off his lips made my heart flutter and my toes curl. "I love you," he whispered. "So much."

I couldn't help the tears that fell from my eyes. No, I thought. As much as I want it, I know that it will only hurt me. I can't love him.

I reached for my cell phone in my pocket and called Caleb on the phone.

"I've decided," I told him. "I'm going with you to Paris."