Labels and Dreams

Draco was nowhere up my found the next day. Ginny called, wanting to know if I'd show up for the Saturday brunches as I always used to back when Ron and I were still together. It was weird, visiting my ex boyfriends family. Ginny insisted I went, and suggested I bring Caleb so everyone one could have a chance to meet him. Including Ron. "I intend to make Ron know he's missing out on the greatest woman ever," Ginny said. I agreed.

I called Caleb that morning to see if he wanted to go to brunch and meet my friends. He agreed, him being the chill person he is. I excited, I got ready for the day.

I tried a casual outfit and out my hair in a bun with some loose strands to give it that effortless look, even though it took quite some time

I tried a casual outfit and out my hair in a bun with some loose strands to give it that effortless look, even though it took quite some time. Caleb showed at my place at 10:00 and we apparated to the Burrow. There waited a family table outside in the newly found garden that I helped build. Ginny ran up to me and have me a hug, while Harry shook Caleb's hand, then gave me a hug. " You must be Caleb," she said, giving him a big hug. "Hermione's been babbling about you." I knobbed Ginny with my elbow, and chuckled a bit. I grabbed his hand and he squeezed mine for assurance as we walked in. I spotted Harry and I just had to talk to him.

"Harry," I said. He turned around and was surprised. "Harry, please tell me you understand."

He nodded. "Of course I do." I smiled and gave him a hug before returning to Caleb.

It was loud and busy as usual, George trying new inventions in the living room, Ginny watching, Harry being bombarded with questions from Mr. Weasley, and Mrs. Weasley cooking in the kitchen. As soon as she spotted me, she rushed over and gave me a bear hug. "Hermione, dear," she said, "how have you been?"

"I've been great," I assured her.

She grabbed my hands and sat me down in the kitchen. "You know, I have Ron a loud lecture, telling him he made a mistake treating you like that," she continued. "And then I thought about how terrible you must've felt after his many mistakes and thought it best that you moved on. And on that note, you must be Caleb," she said, getting up and pulling him in for her motherly hug. "You must know, anyone who walks through that door is just like family," she said. "You have must be very special to have caught Hermione's eye."

He gave her that charming smile no one could resist. "Thank you, Mrs. Weasley."

"Well aren't you a charmer," she said.

"Thank you," he said.

Just then, loud stomp's ascended down the stairs. "MUM!!!! IS BRUNCH READY??" Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes. Down came a just awoken Ron with messy hair, dull on his face, and droopy eyes. As soon as he saw me, his eyes drew wide open. "What is she doing here?" He pointed.

"I invited her," Ginny said. "You got a problem with that?"

Rob threw dart eyes at her. "You know bloody well I've got a problem with that!" He spotted Caleb and the fact that we're holding hands. "And who is he?"