Alone

Narrator's POV

Hermione walked into the bar, the loud music banging into her ears. People pushed and shoved, enjoying the dance floor, but Hermione preferred the empty bar stool.

The bartender walked up to her. "Can I get you anything?"

She shook her head. "No thank you, I'm just waiting for someone."

He nodded, and leaned forwards on the bar. "A robe at a bar?" he scoffed. "That's new."

Hermione leaned back a bit and fixed her black robe, touching the single button at the top. "Yeah, well, I won't be here really long."

Of course she had no idea who she was meeting and how long she was there for. She looked at her watch. 5:05.

He's late.

Just then, a single tap on her shoulder told her he was there. She turned around to see who it was, but he was already walking away, his black robe flowing behind him, hood over his head.

Hermione jumped out of her seat and followed him through the dance floor, through the back door, and down the stairs where it led them to an empty basement. The dark basement was dimly lit with a single candle flame in the middle of the room, and next to it was the hooded figure.

"Who are you?"

No answer. Instead, he leaned down and touched the flame with his bare hands.

"NO!"

He disappeared into thin air.

A portkey.

Hermione walked towards the flame and closed her eyes. She bent down and touched the flame. When she opened her eyes, she found herself in another dark room, only this one had nothing to light up the dark. She spun around, trying to find anything. How big was the room? How far were the walls? Where was she?

Before she could cry for help, bright lights turned on above her. She covered her face with her arms, giving her eyes time to adjust with lighting. When she finally looked around the room, she saw there were white walls, no windows, no doors, and the room was big. She saw someone in the middle of the room. There was a chair, and in the chair was the hooded figure, only now the hood no longer covered his head. The chair faced back to her, and she couldn't see his face, but she'd remember that jet black hair anywhere.

"Caleb?" She slowly walked to him. "Caleb, do you know that people think you're missing?"

He said nothing. "Caleb, I need you to say something."

She grabbed his shoulder and placed herself in front of him. She lifted his head, and dropped it. "No!"

Dark veins ran across his face, his eyes wide open. "No..." she sobbed, and fell down on her knees. "Caleb..."

"I see you got my gift," a voice echoed. The true hooded figure stood across from the room.

"Why?" she cried. "Why would you do something like this?"

He laughed. "Sad. From your taste in men, I thought you were into this stuff."

She stood up, wiping her tears away. "Who are you?"

"Ouch," he said. "You don't remember my voice?"

Hermione just stared. "I guess I'd have to reveal myself to you, huh?"

Hermione scoffed. "Yeah, I guess so."

He walked forward, slowly, but never let his guard down. "I'll give you a hint. My name starts with a C."

Oh my god. Not C for Caleb.

Hermione held her head up. "Cormac," she whispered. "Cormac Mclaggen."

He removed the hood. "Bingo."

"Why would you hurt him," she asked. "What did he do to you?!"

Cormac looked at her with his green eyes. "Who is crazy enough to ask their girlfriend of, what, two months, to move with them to another country? You're smart Hermione, you figure it out."

"He was supposed to bring me to you."

"That's right!" He yelled, circling the room, Caleb being the only thing between them. "But he couldn't do it. It seems your charm can fool anyone."

"So that's what this is about?" Hermione asked. "This is all because I rejected you?"

"Not just rejection! You made a fool of me," he said. "Your rejection made me scared to ever ask anyone out ever again, and because of you, my life is shit!"

He walked around Caleb, and Hermione walked away too, both of them circling Caleb.

"I guess that's what I get for falling in love with a mudblood," he smirked.

Hermione scoffed. "No offense, but it only looks good when Draco smirks. You look like a whole new level of crazy."

Cormac reached his hands into his robe and pulled out his wand. "It doesn't matter, because now, I won't have to live knowing you're out there living your best life." He held his wand up. "I can move on."

Hermione reached into her robes. "Expelliarmus!"

Cormac blocked it. "Is that the best you can do?" he taunted. "It'll be fun to kill the Brightest Witch of our Age."

Hermione trembled. I don't want to kill anyone, she thought.

Cormac took steps forward, and Hermione stepped back. Hermione was now in front of Caleb, and Cormac behind him. "You know, when I found Caleb, I thought he'd convince you to come to Paris, I'd get you, and I'd get you to fall in love with me." He laughed menacingly. "Obviously that's not the case."

Hermione stepped forward and slightly dropped her stance. "Why not?" she said. "It can still be like that."

Cormac relaxed. "What?"

"I can fall in love with you," Hermione said. "I can be yours..."

Cormac walked over to Hermione and held her face in his hands. It took all of Hermione's will to not pull away, even to just flinch.

"Now that..." Cormac said, lifting Hermione's chin with his fingers, "...would be something."

Hermione leaned back a bit.

"Slugulus Eructo!"

Cormac fell forward, and Hermione pushed him off her. She turned and rushed to Draco, Ron and Harry.

"Slugulus Eructo?" Harry asked. "Really?"

Ron shrugged. "I wanted to see if I could do it without backfiring."

Draco embraced Hermione. "Are you okay?"

Hermione nodded.

"Haw'd dey no?" Cormac shrieked, vomiting slugs out of his mouth.

Hermione touched the button on her cloak. "A little muggle device. World's smallest camera."

"I hath.. A secret..." Cormac said. " 'M awt a loan."

"What was that?" Draco said. "Can't hear you over the sounds of your puking."

Cormac held his throat. "I'm not a loan."

"Surprise."

Who do you guys think it is? Wait to find out!!! Don't forget to vote!!-Ally💜💜