Long Days, Longer Nights

A mess was left on the bathroom, an empty bowl sat on the table, and strong cologne filled the entire house. Draco was nowhere to be found, so I made the assumption he left for work. I left in a hurry, realizing I should've left 20 minutes ago.

When I arrived, Draco was outside my office at his desk, scurrying through papers. He looked at me, smirked, and then continued working. Not a single word was spoken. I went into my office and found a box labeled Hermione. I searched inside to see what it was, and I found contents of mine. Inside were movie stubs of Ron and mines dates at the theatre. I could still faintly smell the fresh popcorn being made as Ron golfed down his bucket of popcorn, asking for seconds. There were also knock knacks off things I had gotten him for his birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc. but what caught my eye was the book at the bottom of the box. Her Handsome Hero. Taped to the cover was a letter, written in sloppy handwriting. 

Dear Hermione,

I know you hate me, but hate only originated from the place of love. There will be a day when you want me back, and I will be waiting with open arms, for I know just how sorry you must be for letting someone like me go.

Yours only,

Ron

Angered, I crumbled the piece of chicken smelling paper into the trash bin. I fell onto my knees and started crying. He is right. And I hate that he's right. I can't stop thinking about him. Why? He treated me like crap, so why do I still love him?

A loud knock came from the door, and opened. On the receiving end was Draco. "You know the walls aren't sound proof, right?"

My tears drenched face looked up at him from my knees. "You let him in, didn't you?"

He smirked. "He wasn't happy to see me, so the least I could do was let the guy in. I didn't know what was in there, it could've been lingerie or something." I picked up the book and threw it at him as he laughed and left me in the room, crying and embarrassed.

*****

That evening, I sat at home watching hallmark movies over again with popcorn. Covered in blankets, I started crying once more. I'm so pathetic, I should be showing him I'm an independent woman who doesn't need him, and yet, here I am crying over him covering in tears and blankets. The door opened and Draco walked in. He smirked and leaned against the wall, just loving my torment. "You know, I'm trying to remember the last time I opened the door and you weren't crying."

I looked up at him and just looked away. "I'm not having another conversation about this." I got up from the couch to walk away, but the next thing I knew, he had pushed me down on the couch, me falling back and him falling on top of me. He was so close to me I could smell his breath. Mint and.... apples? His smirk was just centimeters from me. "Is it just me it is your heart beating fast for this death eater?" To his enjoyment, I didn't reply. "I wasn't kidding when I said challenge accepted. I'll make you fall for me, Granger." He inched closer to my face, but before anything could happen, the door opened and Harry and Ginny walked in.

Ginny gasped. Caught, I pushed Draco off of me and ran up to my friends. "It's not what you think. Really."

Harry, paralyzed, managed to speak. "So Ron wasn't kidding when he said you're getting close to Malfoy." He stormed out, Ginny surprised.

"Mione," she said. "Ron, he came today, screaming and yelling, but I didn't tell, I promise."

I couldn't help but cry. I turned and looked at Draco, but he had no expression. I expected him to show something, anything, but he sat there emotionless. "Well," He said. "Things certainly get interesting song here when someone stirs the pot." He stood up and left, but not before sending me a wink. I turned to find a very confused Ginny starting at me.

"Can you explain what's exactly happening?"

"He-He got into my head," I said. "When He said that he knew I thought he was cute, I corrected him, and he said challenge accepted." Ginny smiled.

"What, so now he's trying to get you to fall for him?"

I threw my hand in the air. "I don't know Gin, but I'm really confused and I don't know what he said to Ron to make him so angry."

Ginny looked at me. "Do you not know Ron at all? The guy's got the biggest ego ever, and when you left him, he was hurt. Now, he's got the idea of you and Draco together, and it's driving him nuts."

"I don't know what to do," I said. "I didn't know this much could happen in a months time."

Ginny laughed. "Well, whatever Draco's doing, it's working."

I scoffed. "Excuse you?"

"Think about it," Ginny said. "You haven't had anything crazy happen in years, and Draco pops up and makes your life hectic. He started a fire, he spilled coffee all over you, and he made you miss a deadline, which had never happened before."

"What deadline?"

"You were supposed to send in papers to confirm my quidditch team sponsoring your S.P.E.W. Association, remember?"

I gasped. "I totally forgot!"

Ginny shrugged.

I told Ginny to tell Harry that we needed to clear things up. After Ginny left, I had no idea what to do. It was Friday, so I had no work tomorrow, which meant Draco didn't either, which meant we'd be here. Alone. By our selves. In one house. I just hope the house isn't in flames tomorrow.