Catch me

I stayed up all night, tearing the somewhat pleasurable dream as a nightmare. The alarm went off at 6:30 and I stumbled out of bed. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a mess. My eyes were baggy, my hair looked like it did in my first year at Hogwarts, and my face was red. As I readied myself for another date with Caleb, one I got to plan, I kept being reminded of my dream. The kiss, his hands in my hair, the way it felt. I couldn't stop.

I went to the kitchen for breakfast, but Draco was already there. He was shirtless, his back facing me, and he had a towel wrapped around his waist. As I watched him cook, I was reminded if me dreams the previous night and started blushing. "Like what you see?"

I turned away, feeling my cheeks grow hotter and hotter. He faced me and smirked. Her catered his plate of breakfast to the TV and turned on a movie. I could hear the words of As You Wish said And I immediately rushed to sit down and watch the movie. The Princess Bride. "The most romantic movie ever," I whispered. Draco turned to look at me, and I gave him a weird look. "Don't you know its rude to stare?"

"Said the one who was staring earlier," he replied. I turned away and stopped talking, knowing he had got me good. For the entire movie, Draco and I did not talk, but sat in silence and just watched. As the credits started rolling, I looked at the time and realized it was already 9:00.

I got up and put in my shoes. "Where are you going?" Draco asked. I ignored him. "Excuse me?" He yelled. "I guess you are finally deaf." Her started calling me names. Nerd, desperate, bookworm, mudblood.

I stared at him. "Shut up, Malfoy," I said. "Not that you even care, but I'm meeting Caleb for a date."

I grabbed my purse and walked out the door. Flushed, angry, and annoyed, I sat waiting in the coffee shop for Caleb. It was the cold air breeze that brushed me when I looked behind me if he had arrived. And he did. He was dressed warm, as I had instructed and he had a smile plastered on his face, as always. I stuff up and we walked towards each other. When interlaced his fingers in mine and we giggled, knowing why. It was that new butterfly feeling you get when a relationship started. Just like when Ron and I started dating. He used to make me squirm and make my toes curl at the feel of his hands holding mine. In front of me stood the most perfect man. And he was nothing like Ron.

"Hi," He said. He leaned in and kissed my forehead, something Ron would've never done. "What are we doing today?"

I smiled. "Well, you mentioned you've never gone ice skating, so I wanted to take you."

He looked nervous. "Huh, alright," He said. "I'll do it! I've never done it before and the thought of skating upon ice kind of scares me, but I'll try it for you." His words warmed me. As we walked to the skating rinks, he noticed my hands freezing. "You'll freeze," He said, gesturing to my hands, and then his. He wore gloves, but because of the incident earlier with Draco, I had forgotten my own pair. He took a glove and placed it on my right hand, then took my left hand and put it in god pocket, keeping both our hands warm. "We'll Stop by the shop before we go skating," he said.

We walked our way to the shop, but truth to be told, I didn't want my own pair. I wanted to hold His hands and stay with him like this.

*****

When we finally reached the skating rink, Caleb couldn't hide his nervous face. I got into the rink first and held out a hand so wouldn't fall. The second he got into the ice, he slipped and and fell back. I couldn't help but laugh say the sight of him on the ground. I helped him up, because he was blocking the way. "Are you alright?" I giggled. He grabbed both my hand and clenched them tight, afraid that if he let go, he'd humiliate himself again. He let me lead him to the middle of the ice and I slowly let go, letting him go out himself. Within seconds, he was skating across the ice like a professional.