三十九

Chapter Thirty-Nine「Servitude」

Chapter Thirty-Nine
Servitude

꧁꧂

Fate's intention, (Y/N) pondered, was for me to find this blue spider lily.

To foolishly try locating a flower for centuries—even millennia—was more than absurd. The moment the girl heard about the demons' unsuccessful attempts to find the plant, she knew they were ill-fated.

In her philosophy, they were not created in the universe to obtain the blue spider lily at all. It simply was not meant to be, and no matter how long or how desperately they searched, they would never come across it.

And now she knew: she was the destined.

She was brought here to obtain this flower—her, and not any of the demons searching for it. Surely, this flower played into her actual purpose. Finally, after endless searching and mindless thinking, she grasped a lead upon her place in this world.

However, (Y/N) did not know the exact aspects of this blue spider lily, other than the fact it was desperately sought out by the demons. The idea of the flower being a major importance was only a mere theory, but considering the circumstances, it was a valid assumption nonetheless.

The Stars Hashira sat up weakly on the bed of her private room in the Butterfly Estate, though she did not feel weak at all. If anything, her possession of this lily made her feel more divinity than before.

Physically, however, she was most certainly weak.

Her body was still littered with countless injuries from last night's fight with the now-former Upper Moon Three, so presently she was in recovery. Luckily, though, she managed to snatch the blue spider lily before passing out on the grass and being rescued.

Akaza was found in the same forest by the Demon Slayer Corps, also knocked unconscious, but not too far from her.

(Y/N) was surprised to hear that he was now human, meaning Tamayo and Yushirou's drug worked flawlessly on demons even as strong as the Upper Moon Three. That drug was supposed to be reserved for herself, but now that she had this flower in hand, was there really any need for a demon-to-human drug?

She had no doubt that consumption of this blue spider lily was her predetermined state. It was not luck, for it was just meant to be.

The Stars Hashira would become a demon not created by the puissant Kibutsuji Muzan.

She would turn herself into a demon.