十五

Chapter Fifteen「Succumb」

Chapter Fifteen
Succumb

꧁꧂

"(L/N) (Y/N), head west!" Ray the crow squawked from above. "Join Flame Hashira Rengoku Kyoujurou on the Infinity Train! More than forty people have gone missing!"

With a new mission, it seemed she wouldn't be able to come home to Douma, after all. She wasn't actually planning on upholding her promise, anyways.

A silver tongue always came in handy to a devil that wanted to manipulate.

(Y/N) took in a breath of fresh air as the morning sun caressed her face. Even in her uniform under the sun's rays, it was a bit chilly outside as she made her way westward for her new mission. The talk she just had with her new acquaintances Tamayo and Yushirou gave her a sense of closure, and she was ready to move forward. So with a new fabric roll containing three empty blood capsules, she made her way out the village.

She stopped, suddenly sensing someone; "What are you still doing here?" she questioned, turning to face the Water Hashira, who was walking towards her. "I thought you left last night."

"I did," Tomioka quietly confirmed. He halted his tracks when he was right in front of her, a piece of cloth tossed over his shoulder. "I just needed to pick up something."

She blinked once, and then she suddenly felt a light weight over her shoulders. Looking down, there was now a dark blue star-printed haori draped over her body, providing her warmth in the cool of the morning.

"Why'd you get this for me?" she asked him, extending out her arms so she could fully put it on. It truly was a mystery to her—why did he come back when he didn't need to?

"I figured you'd need it," he replied simply. Both Demon Slayers' expressions remained stoic and unmoving, but the girl instinctively reached up and gave him a small, light head pat, uttering a small word of gratitude when she retraced her hand. "It's no problem," Tomioka assured with a light pink tint dusting his cheeks. "Good luck on your next mission, (L/N)-san," he wished as he finally turned to leave.

"I'll see you again in the future, Tomioka-san."

After both figures parted ways, (Y/N) once again made her way westwards.

꧁꧂

"We meet again, Rengoku-san."

The Flame Hashira turned to the direction of the voice, only to find the same girl he had fought not too long ago, and then was forced to show her back home by Shinobu. He recalled the way the girl acted around Mitsuri and Shinobu, and how it was immensely different from the way she acted during her trial. She had the same cold, emotionless eyes, yes; But her killing intent wasn't present when she was with the other two female Hashira.