十一

Chapter Eleven「Loathing」

Chapter Eleven
Loathing

꧁꧂

[LOADING GAME]

The checkered chessboard laid idly, all pieces still secure and upright, a single one yet to be knocked down.

Adjacent to the board, the girl sat, fighting for neither side. Both kings wanted her, however.

How foolish for mere king pieces to try and control someone not even on the playing field.

Kings can't simply just control a God.

[SAVE COMPLETE]

꧁꧂

By the time (Y/N) reached Mitsuri's estate, the sun was setting. Her knuckles rapped on the large wooden door, and she waited for a response.

"(Y/N)-san!" the Love Hashira exclaimed excitedly as she opened the door to reveal the (H/C) haired girl with a bag carrying her new Demon Slayer uniform. "I'm so glad you're alive!"

Inwardly, (Y/N) slightly ridiculed the notion of her dying during the measly Final Selection.

"I knew you would make it, anyways," Mitsuri added. She grabbed (Y/N)'s wrist, who allowed herself to be pulled and dragged by the Hashira inside the estate. "I'll show you your room for the night! I'm so excited!" Grabbing the girl's bag, she sped off to a random room and set it down on the bed.

(Y/N), realizing she hasn't said anything at all yet, voiced, "Thank you for letting me rest here, Mitsuri-san."

At the sound of the girl's expression of thanks, Mitsuri perked her head up expectantly (dear God, maybe Shinobu was right—she instinctively wanted a head pat from (Y/N) just at hearing her thank her) and turned towards her. The pink and green haired girl shook her head, getting rid of her thoughts and picking up the girl's uniform from the inside of the bag.

"It's no problem at all!" she replied. "Now," she began, approaching (Y/N) with her new uniform at hand, "let's help you try this on!"

After moments of rustling clothes (and Mitsuri's embarrassment when the girl didn't mind changing with her in the room), (Y/N)'s new uniform was on her body. She frowned at bit when she looked at herself—she was an official Demon Slayer now. Her name now belonged to an organization, and she wanted to vomit from the strange, mixed feelings pooling in her stomach.

"Wow, it fits perfectly on you, (Y/N)-san," the Love Hashira remarked, noting how the girl's uniform fully closed at the chest and had pants instead of a skirt—just like Shinobu's. "You look really cute!"