*IMPORTANT: the following characters are aged up in this story, meaning they're adults:

Kamado Tanjiro
Agatsuma Zenitsu
Hashibira Inosuke
Shinazugawa Genya
Tsuyuri Kanao
Tokitou Muichirou

Kamado Tanjiro Agatsuma Zenitsu Hashibira Inosuke Shinazugawa Genya Tsuyuri Kanao Tokitou Muichirou

Chapter One
Cruelty

꧁꧂

"Is that the loudest you can cry for help? How pathetic."

The (H/C) haired girl sneered at the young boy on the dirt as she planted her foot down on his head. He visibly winced from the impact, causing the girl to speak once more.

"You call a weakling like yourself a Demon Slayer? Don't be ridiculous," she scoffed, forcibly taking his sword and pressing the blade against his skin. "You deserve to die by your own weapon." With a quick swipe, she swung at his neck, easily decapitating the young Demon Slayer.

The girl removed her foot from his head and stepped away as a pool of dark red spread across the dirt. She stole his sheath, tucking the blade back in and attaching it to the waistline of her clothing. How annoying, she thought, that this young slayer came after a demon, only to find her instead.

She suddenly tensed, sensing a new, inhuman presence approaching her.

"How brutal," a dark voice, clearly laced with amusement, hummed to her right. She turned her head to the source of the voice, only to be greeted with the glowing, plum red eyes of a stranger watching her. He looked at her with an expression of interest, and she took in his appearance—a tall, pale man adorned in an expensive-looking western-styled suit. "To think I trekked all the way here because I heard of a demon successfully killing multiple humans every night, only to find out it was a mere girl committing the murders instead."

Her face remained stoic as she spoke, "You're a demon, are you not?" She turned to exit at the end of her question, securing her new stolen sword. "Do with him what you will. Have him as your dinner." The man let out a questioning hum.

"Are you not worried that I've just witnessed the crime you committed?" he asked, predatory eyes following her figure.

"No," she stopped and turned back to look at him, "The authorities would believe an innocent-looking girl over a man like you, don't you think?" He hummed at her once again, showing his satisfaction with her answer.

"And how did you know I am a demon?"

"I can sense it. Don't ask how, I can't explain it more than that."

"A sense of auras," he remarked. He stalked forward, making his way over until he towered directly in front of the girl. He plum red eyes cast downwards to meet her (E/C) ones. "That's very useful to have." He took note of her unchanging face—how she did not cower in terror before him, nor show any sort of unease in her expression. "I sense no fear in you."