Naruto is Gone: Part Two

~ Been spending the last few days on the verge of tears, so humbled by your wonderful comments. Thank you so much for enjoying this story and I will continue to try by best <3 enjoy

--

Hinata felt little to no hope in regards to this situation. It wasn't as if her father were ordering this of her, but she knew it was a very strong suggestion and that he had his reasons for making such a statement. Even in her deeply emotional state, she was resigned to listening to her father and his wishes. In her own mind, it was being cordial; because Naruto wasn't...well, he wasn't gone forever as others might believe. To Hinata, he was still somewhere; and he would come back for her...until then, there was no alternative to living her life as normal.

...I would die for you, Hinata...

She shook the thought from the forefront of her mind, as her head dipped low, hair cascading around her shoulders. She followed Kirata through the village who stood quite tall, shoulders pressed back, unafraid to make his presence known while not being domineering. He was regal, as one would expect the leader of a hyuga branch. It was quiet at first. Kirata was fairly stoic and a bit serious, but certainly not brooding. He was not clearly not the type to get lost in trivial merriments, but he wasn't brooding, either. His gaze wasn't exactly inviting, but not entirely intimidating; he carried himself strongly. Hinata would expect this as well, as hyuga men were proud and honorable. Well, Hinata wasn't exactly the conversationalist between them either, so the void of speech was a bit deafening.

What eventually broke the awkward silence was a familiar voice and a hearty bark, with a large white dog hurdling toward the pair. Hinata's gaze finally flickered upward, which caught the attention of Kirata who followed her line of sight to see Akamaru barreling toward her, a hustling, smiling Kiba close in tow, doing his best to keep up.

Akamaru hadn't stopped until he had jumped to meet Hinata's height, resting his massive paws on her shoulders, whimpering into her pale features as she gave a light chuckle and a kind smile.

"Hey! Akamaru!" Kiba teases as Akamaru wags his tail. "I know you're feeling all better and all, but is that any way to treat a lady?" Akamaru had recently been injured, of which he had fully healed and was back to his former, energetic self. There was a bit of happiness that escaped Hinata's grin because of the events that came prior, but she did her best to convey her delight in seeing them on that day. Akamaru sat down, and Hinata crouched to meet his line of sight, giving his head a good pet.

In truth, when Kirata had seen the beast tumbling for Hinata, his first instinct was the step in; he was a skilled ninja and always on the alert. But when he perplexingly saw the engagement turn pleasurable, he watched on with an eyebrow raised. It was, however, not in a peculiar way. It was definitely indicative of a different, hidden emotion.

But, there wasn't much time to think on it before Kiba stole the conversation.

"Hey, never seen you before..." Kiba glanced over Kirata in an informal way. His look then went to Hinata, motioning toward Kirata with his thumb pointed in his direction. "Who's mister fancy pants?" a wiry grin showed, his fangs poking out over his lip.

Kirata's face contorted in embarrassed surprise as well as reddened deeply as he sputtered a little, much too serious about himself to be referred to his such a way...but he did falter, stance becoming a little more stiff as he searched for a way to address this wild wolf boy.

Hinata seemed to sense his discomfort, rising to her feet to come to his aid.

"I beg your-"

"He's Kirata Hyuga. A sister branch leader from beyond the land of fire." She introduced more formally to her teammate, a dainty hand just barely pressing to Kirata's shoulder. She wasn't to quick to enlighten Kiba about exactly why he was there and what his visit entailed. It was too painful and uncomfortable and would raise a barrage of questions from her outspoken friend. Kirata's bluish byakugan-hiding eyes flickered to those pale fingers of hers, but at least he did seem to soften.