Konsuru's Plan: Part One

So sorry for the delay today, here is the new update <3 please remember to vote and comment if you enjoy, and the original fan art will be revealed this week!

~~

The next morning approached in a flash, and the light-hearted air of the night before vanished – all as if it were a swift, and distant dream. As warned against by the ever- strategic Sasuke, the general consensus of mood was that of fatigue; but positive energy fueled them forward. The team packed their things in groggy quietness, perhaps a fondness lingering in their minds before they set back out on their travels. Over the 'Naruto bridge' that sparked nostalgia for team 7, especially the owner of the same name, unable to believe it all had happened so long ago in what seemed like yesterday. History repeated itself, he reminded himself internally, and now here the three were again once more – this time with a fourth companion.

Stepping off of the bridge into the land of waves which had been industrialized, expanded, and vastly populated to this point thanks to all of its recent commerce, Sasuke halted without so much of a word. It had worked to make the rest curious, Sakura being so brave as to speak up. "What's the matter?" she asked in concern first and foremost. The town was just a half a mile up the road, and with the destination so close in sight, what was the point of stopping now?

"I'm expecting someone." He muttered plainly as if that should suffice, but it only made them wonder further. Sasuke had traveled the Ninja world, made connections, learned names and faces and intel. But just when imaginations were beginning to swirl, three figures swiftly appeared, as if on que...and maybe they weren't exactly what everyone had expected. Coming into focus reveal that of the once – banded team taka; Suigetsu, Jugo, and Karin.

"'Sup?" Suigetsu greeted with a wry grin, his razor-sharp teeth just protruding from him upper lip as he crossed his arms. Behind him stood Jugo, the daunting yet gentle giant, and the scowling and unamused Karin. She was perhaps the only to directly recognize a few that stood in front of her, apart from the byakugan princess. Naruto's mouth fell shut, in a thin line as he became pensive.

Sasuke's other friends, huh?

Alas, as anything else, it would be a hard-pressed statement to consider anyone Sasuke's friend, let alone the three before him that knew him perhaps better than anyone else aside from his former team 7 mates. He had walls, many of them that still needed to be broken of his own accord, and so this was strictly business.

"Suigetsu knows this land better than any of us, which is why I've recruited him. Consider the others reinforcements." Sasuke suggested. The notion was enough to turn Karin's look indignant; is that what he thought of them, of her? Though, she could hardly stay mad for long. It had been some time since she'd seen him herself, and while she would never admit it, she felt relief over is safety in front of her, and beyond. He'd grown a few inches, and suddenly seemed all the more mysterious. Her fond reminiscence was cut short, however.

"Well, well. Aren't you a sight for sore eyes...have we met before?" Suigetsu bravely uttered, leaning forward a bit to get a better glance at none other than Sakura. It had taken her by surprise, but the flirtatious undertone wasn't lost on her – in true Haruno fashion, her embarrassment had lead to anger, and her face enveloped a reddish hue that was a combination of both.

"I suggest you get out of my face before I make you!" Sakura hissed from behind clenched teeth, holding up a fist to the bold native that she wasn't afraid to use if prompted, and just about everyone there knew it. Naruto flailed his arms in front of himself from behind her, beads of sweat pouring down his face. "C-calm down, Sakura. They're here to help." He attempted to diffuse the situation – he'd been on the receiving end of that god-like strength she possessed, and for the sake of the mission, maybe it was best if everyone remained in one piece. Suigetsu retracted himself in a fearful way, cringing with a faint yelp. "Cute, b-but too cruel, like Karin. Would it kill you two to learn to take a compliment?" this time, he received a double scowl, one from each of the ladies insulted.