Konsuru's Plan: Part Two

So very sorry for the long delay, but I'm back on track! I've worked really hard on this chapter and am excited for what's to come. Thank you all for being loyal readers of this fanfiction...please enjoy and tell me what you think ~

--

"I'm telling ya..." Suigetsu said, leaning against the post that the boat was tied to. The water flowed by easily, and for a moment in the tense situation, everything seemed a little peaceful. But the ninja of the leaf were on edge. "The water swirled all around and then disappeared..." the notion was peculiar, to say the least, but at least they'd had a place to start. Though, the promising hint had gone stale as quickly as it came, as Sasuke bent down to one knee in the vessel in inspection. He ran his hand along the bottom as stoically as ever.

"Maybe it's another genjustu." Suggested Karin, who sat patiently on the sand with one leg scrunched to her chest, and the other out - stretched. But Sasuke wasn't convinced. Instead, he strongly disagreed this time that this was just another trick. Swirling water seemed more likely to be a ninjutsu technique than genjutsu, but it didn't quite explain the disappearing act. They needed more answers, and time was of the essence.

"Unless it's just another one of his careless cronies, leading you right to the spot..." Naruto muttered, kicking a stone underfoot into the water that splashed along the shore. He was not as patient as Karin had been. She had the opportunity to see Sasuke again and despite the mission, that put her at ease, unbeknownst to Naruto of course. But he had a great deal at stake. In his incredibly impatient mind, he would have just liked to get his hands on the skeevy worm and go back to his life at the hidden leaf.

"So, how do we gather more information?" asked Karin, in the same apathetic tone of voice. It was a plausible question – they'd had a lead, but now...that lead had turned into a dead end. Besides, the more time they'd spent lingering around the area, the greater chance they'd had at getting spotted.

"Time to regroup." Mentioned Sasuke.

"Speaking of regrouping..." Suigetsu muttered, "What happened to the cute, pink-haired girl and the other one with the weird eyes?" he'd meant it light heartedly, but it had managed to send an annoyance around the entire group...all for their own specific reasons, of course.

"Now that you mention it..." Naruto was able to forgo on his urge to blow up on Suigetsu in the moment, "they have been gone for a while..." he rubbed at the back of his neck. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to let them go off on their own.

As if on que, Jugo flashed into view from the row of trees that lined the riverbank before town. For a man of little grievance, he seemed frantic – like he'd rushed there as quickly as he could, and with what appeared to be an urgent message. Just the sight of him made the team on red alert. Hair stood up on the back of Naruto's neck, and his body tensed, ready to jump at any moment.

"Sakura, and Hinata." He huffed out in shallow breaths that gave way to his fatigue and flighty nature. "They're-"

It was about all he was able to get out, before Naruto leaped straight into action. "Come on!" he urged for Jugo to lead him to where ever the danger arrived, far before knowing what exactly would be waiting for him. It was because, whatever it was, it didn't matter. If he had to save Sakura and Hinata, he'd face anything that lied in his way, even the shifty villain Konsuru. The rest of the Shinobi tailed him closely, sensing the same threat he clearly was.

As they reached town, their ninja arts were put to rest. They were still undercover, and so running through the streets was what they were reduced to. Naruto's legs couldn't carry him any faster, and the stifling speed worked on his nerves. "There were about six or seven of them, maybe more." Jugo enlightened, though the team hadn't the slightest inkling of what he was referring to – maybe it was the best warning he could give out first, regardless of the peril. But the orange-clad ninja's brow furrowed in his determination. Six or Seven -? Piece of cake! He was coming for those he shared with close bonds.