Memories: Part Four

"Hinata, you brought me Ichiraku? Ah man, you're the best!"

Naruto had opened the door early in a following morning, scratching his head full of messy hair and taking a yawn. But when he had seen the surprise that awaited on the other side, it was enough to shake the sleepiness straight from his body. Hinata – holding a package with "Ichiraku" printed in large letters across it. But it wasn't just his favorite ramen to get him excited...it was who it came with, too. "Why don't you come inside and share it with me?" He motioned over his shoulder with a hopeful smile.

 "Why don't you come inside and share it with me?" He motioned over his shoulder with a hopeful smile

"Are you sure that would be alright?" She asked, peering past him into his small apartment. Some clothes and other items were strewn about the slightly messy room.

"Uh, yeah. One second." He gently closed the door, which was followed by the sound of furious rustling and moving, even some under the breath comments that Hinata couldn't quite make out. She stifled a giggle, as he came back to open the door once more. This time, the room was clean and tidy for Hinata's entrance.

"Come right on in." Naruto smiled, stepping to the side to give her room to walk inside. She stepped in, viewing a petite, one room apartment – very different from her large and lavish home, and not one family member in sight. He lived...alone.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll get us some utensils." He motioned to the table. Hinata had done as instructed, sitting down on the floor, and opening up the package which immediately emitted a sweet smelling steam. Naruto returned the table, placing a bowl upon it and sitting down adjacent to her.

"J-just one bowl?" Hinata asked, her uncertain eyes looking up at Naruto who had hardly realized.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah...Well, I don't usually have a lot of company, so I just have one..." he trails off a bit awkwardly. "But I do have two pairs of chopsticks!" he indeed holds two pairs up in his hand, a puerile smile returning to his face. She takes a pair from him, catching his contagious smile, as she pours the contents into the bowl and they begin to dig in.

The scene was quiet, as the blonde haired shinobi silently admired her, sucking udon into his mouth. He felt his heart become full to see her satisfied, eating, warm, and happy...

Hinata...someday, I'll have a house big enough for the both of us, and you'll always be warm and fed...I swear it!

Her eyes drifted upward to meet his, startling him enough to drop some of the hot liquid into his lap.

"Ahh!" he yelped in pain, a silly expression on his face as he grabbed ahold of his upper legs. He never failed to embarrass himself – and this was ten times worse. This Hinata had no idea of how clumsy he could really be!

"Oh no, here!" Hinata grabbed a rag from the table, putting it into his lap to soak up the broth. She blotched, sending a red hue to Naruto's face, and it had taken her several moments to realize that the action had been awkward...perhaps only tipped off by Naruto's visible embarrassment. She sucked in a breath, attempting to retract herself.