Returning Home: Part One

Naruto and his mission party, including Shikamaru, Sai, Sakura, and Hinata, finally return to the village from saving Hinata's younger sister, Hanabi from the moon

Naruto and his mission party, including Shikamaru, Sai, Sakura, and Hinata, finally return to the village from saving Hinata's younger sister, Hanabi from the moon. While the rest of the party walked through the gates, Hanabi rode on the back of Sai's super beast, as her eyes were still in the process of healing. Her face was bandaged, and she lazily laid over the animated beast's back.

"Are we back yet?" She asked the group restlessly, clearly tired of her incapacitated state. She was ready to go back to her normal, energetic self.

"Yes, Hanabi." Hinata said, placing a soft, caring hand on her back. "We're about to pass through the gates." She explained. "But don't think you're running off anywhere...you still need your rest."

Her words were met with nothing more than a groan from her little sister. It was simply in Hinata's nature to feel motherly toward her- she was most assertive, maybe only assertive, when it came to her.

As they took their first steps onto Konoha soil, they were immediately met with a small crowd of people, eager for their return. The first to emerge was Hiashi Hyuga, the father of both Hinata and Hanabi. Though he was healing from his own wounds, he jumped at the opportunity to take Hanabi into his arms, as Sai's super beast disappeared.

"Hanabi...I'm so happy that you're safe." He smiled, and she wrapped her arms around his neck with a content grin. "Thank you all for saving her." He added, his eyes specifically falling upon Naruto.

But as Naruto looked back at him, an awkward look crossed his face, as the only thing that was running through his mind was, 'I kissed your daughter- I kissed your daughter- I kissed your daughter!' followed by a sequence of Hiashi strangling him to death.

"Naruto..." Sakura scolded him, nudging him in the ribs and shaking him from his thoughts. "Are you just going to stand there, or are you going to answer him?" her tone was suggestive- as if she were alerting him that he may want to respond appropriately...for more reasons than one.

"Oh, uh, don't mention it!" Naruto replied, throwing a hand behind his head with a large, toothy smile. "It was no problem at all!"

 "It was no problem at all!"