Sleepover: Part Two

In conclusion~

--

"Would you stay with me tonight?"

...

Naruto's face had gone pale at her words. His body stiffened. His eye gave a dramatic twitch. Had she really just asked that he, Naruto Uzumaki, her boyfriend (for all intents and purposes), stay here, in her house, over night? His mind instantly flashed to scenario where he sets one foot in through the door, and as if through teleportation, Hiashi appears, standing over his shoulder...byakugan blaring...a displeased glare...our hero shrinking and cowering into a puddle under his sheer intimidation...

"So?"

Hinata grabbed back his attention, this time facing him, thought through his thoughtful antics he had hardly noticed she had turned back around. Her face adorned worry that he might decline, or think her terribly foolish. And that's when reality had set back in. Hinata was unnerved, and he had already promised that he would do whatever she asked. Spending the night with Hinata? It was more like a dream, than a nightmare...

"Okay, Hinata. I'll do it if it will make you feel better." A shallow smile curled upward on his face, as he took a few steps inside to allow the door to shut. Hinata was pleased that it wasn't shot down in flames. She was certain that she could have made it through the night on her own, but this was all about teaching herself to be a little more impulsive. Safely impulsive. And there wasn't a being on the earth she felt safer with than Naruto.

The shinobi gave a look over his surroundings. Underfoot were sturdy wooden floors; clean and luxurious furniture was placed around the abode; it seemed that his single room home would fit in a tenth of the space. The sweet smell of ginseng wafted into his senses. He'd never seen a more beautiful home...it was nearly breathtaking, and surely Naruto was at a loss for words.

"You must be cold, and you've got mud on you..." Hinata's gentle voice spoke up, inspecting him. "How about I'll run you a bath, and I'll hang your jacket to dry?"

Naruto mulled it over. "Y-yeah, that sounds nice...but don't go through too much trouble." He smiled, as he followed her along a hallway, eventually coming to a stop where Hinata slid open a door.

"My room is just across the hall...you're welcome to wait there, until I've prepared this for you."

Naruto felt a bit awkward- a pleasant awkward, like he enjoyed the ordeal, but was totally unsure of what to do. "Yeah, sure thing." He took his jacket off, handing it to her before taking steps to where she had gestured. He silently slid the door open to reveal a simple but spacious room – clean and tidy, with flowers and pictures that added just the right touch of Hinata.

So this is where Hinata sleeps, huh?

He entered, looking around, viewing some images of her with Hanabi when she was young, running his finger along the top of her dresser where trinkets rested. Almost like reflex, he found the edges and gently pulled the top-drawer open, reaching in to something soft. Grabbing ahold and pulling upward, straining his eyes to see, he immediately realized that these were- Hinata's underwear...

"Ahh!" he yelped, slamming it shut as a deep red hue covered his face. He looked down at his hand, his heart pumping straight into his ears. Had he really just done that? He had suddenly reminded himself of the pervy old sage! Suddenly, a light clicks on. Naruto's view flashes to the doorway.

"E-everything alright in here?" Hinata inquired, recognizing that he seemed to be acting a bit strange.

"Huh? Of course!" he beamed, tossing his hand behind his back as if it were going to be some sort of evidence of his transgressions.