Some Fun: Part Two

In conclusion ~ (I'm sorry this portion is unedited as of now, I'm very tired but will do it asap -.- </3)

--

As expected, the fairground was immersive with lively spirits, sweet smells, bustling couple and families all looking for their own bit of fun. Naruto and Hinata walked along enjoying it all, and enjoying each other's company, having trouble deciding on what was most enticing, what would come first. Naruto gave a sideways glance at Hinata, hoping for some sort of clue, which he inevitably got. The raven-haired girl's byakugan eyes drifted from stall to stall before resting on a cute stuffed animal. A brown bear with a small yet endearing sewn on smile, a little red scarf hanging around its neck, it had managed to remind her of someone in the most adorable of ways. It became apparent to Naruto that the item was a prize for a game that he could happily give a shot at. Leading the way, he beelined right over, and a surprised Hinata tailed behind.

'Step right up." A man with scraggily brown hair with dark circles under his eyes seemed less than enthused as the pair approached. "Test your skills at 'The Flying Frogs'."

Naruto gave a sideways grin and a tentative look at the mechanics. "One turn, please." He placed a coin on the table. "How does it work?"

"A frog goes into a catapult." The vendor explained, placing a life-sized yet rubber frog into a small wooden device. "Pull the drawn string, and the frog will fly. Make it into a cup – and you'll win a prize." Indeed, a set of four rotating cups of water sat a few feet away. The indifferent man pulled the string he'd mentioned, sending the rubber imposter airborne before splashing into a cup easily. Naruto huffed out a breath with a determined look in his eye.

"Is that all? Seems easy enough." He boasted. The man stared on just as unconvinced, before putting another rubber frog into the catapult in front of Naruto. "Good luck." The vendor announced before stepping to the side, his voice more cynical than anything. But the hero of the leaf was too hellbent on winning this to notice.

Alright...here we go. Pull the string, and –

As he did so, the frog went flying. Naruto took in a breath as he watched on confidently, all dimming into uncertainty as the model plummeted before even making it to the platform. He stood in contempt.

"So close." The pessimistic vendor goaded. "Why not give it another try?"

Suddenly, this had become more than a silly game, but a testament of honor. He couldn't walk away empty handed and embarrass himself? Especially in front of Hinata? And besides, surely that first time was just a fluke?

"Y-yeah." He laughed nervously, reaching into his pocket and procuring another coin. "That was just a warm up, now I'm ready!"

"Mhmm." The vendor agreed lifelessly. "Good luck again." He placed the imitation on the catapult.

This time, Naruto concentrated. Envisioning his victory, doing his best to time the rotating saucers, pulling the string and letting it fly. This time he'd make it for sure – he was certain of it, and it was written all over his face!

...But, alas, he was once more wrong though a bit closer, as the rubber frog flopped sideways and missed all targets. This time, his eyebrows furrowed and he growled under his breath. "Ah, come on!" he hissed. Naturally, an onlooking Hinata was beginning to become worried as Naruto reached back into his pocket, rummaging around for more compensation. She couldn't stand by and watch him spend so much on a childish toy all for her liking, and so she decided to interject and try to talk some sense into him.

"Naruto, maybe we can try something different. L-look, I think a stand over there is selling teddy bears, too. We can just...-"

But she should have known better. Naruto had too much pride and determination to give up on anything, let alone a game that should be simple for a skilled shinobi. He could see himself now, basking in the glory of winning the item for Hinata, her hugging it closely in one arm and holding on to him in the other in a lover's bliss. He needed this now, and there wasn't anything that could stop him as he slapped another coin onto the table.