5. The Jester III

Y/n's POV

Kiyoko gasped beside me and brought me into a tight hug, making my heart flutter a tiny bit.

No! You stopped having a crush on her! Long gone, bye bye~

I fixed my throat awkwardly, letting her know that the hug was too long.

The captain went up to me with a serious look on his face. "Are you really the Jester? Or are you just fooling with us?" he asked.

I smirked, bringing my hand up to my face and with a swift move, a card appeared in front of me. It was a Joker card.

How did I do that you may ask? Sorry, a magician never tells her secret!

"Well, if you insist wanting me to show off I'll give you show, captain." I said putting the card in his hands.

The brunette frowned, "Daichi Sawamura..." he introduced himself.

Tanaka pushed the people out of his way as he snatched the card off of Daichi's hand like he's just won a lottery.

"I-I can't believe it! Jester's card!!" he grinned as he put it in the air, awing at it.

"Throw balls for me, captain. I'd be delighted to give you a performance." I said playfully, my old self taking over.

The brunette furrowed his eyebrows before nodding and told me to follow him.

I stood opposite of Sawamura, only the net separating us apart. I turned my body and smirked towards Kiyoko who nodded determinedly.

Something about these players made me burst in flames and made me want to play volleyball again.

This felt... nice?

"Tachibana! Heads up!! It's set!!" Hinata yelled making me turn to Daichi only to see a volleyball in the air.

I frowned at the unfairness and sprinted towards the net.

I jumped forward to spike the ball And when the moments I jumped, I felt like I was defying gravity and everything turned slow motion. It honestly felt amazing, as the ball touched my hand it felt like I had the complete control over it.

Why did I choose to quit again? This feels amazing!

I spiked the ball as I saw the view of the other side.

I slammed the ball to hit the floor harshly, the whole gym ringed with the loud sound. The male captain ran forward too late and missed the ball as he got rolled to the ground.

I gracefully landed on my feet as I just smirked while the captain looked at me shocked.

"Captain, tell heads up first, will ya?" I said.

I heard Kiyoko giggle towards me as I stood proudly.

The silver haired male awed, "She is the Jester... The girl who can become anything she wants..." he whispered.

"You're right, Sugawara-senpai. That was an amazing spike..." Kageyama say.

"WOW WHAT WAS THAT SPEED?!! AND THE JUMP!! HOLY CROCS THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING IVE EVER SEEN!!" Hinata jumped happily as he fanboyed.

"Everything expected from Japan's number one female ace!" Tanaka said dreamily as he hugged his arms around himself.

"NO WAY!! YOURE A NUMBER ONE FEMALE ACE??" Hinata yelled.

Sawamura spoke again, not satisfied enough. "The thing I know about Jester is that she has great flexibility and immediate responses to anything at anytime."