19. Leaving

Third POV

The Karasuno lost. Everyone's lifeless expression and the hope in their eyes disappeared. When they saw Aoba Johsai cheering and celebrating happily, they felt defeated.

The guilt of not being enough.

If only they had pushed a little harder,

If only they had ran a little faster,

If only they had flew a little higher,

None of this would've happened.

Karasuno left the court, listening to their opponent's and to their coach's advices. They lined up and bowed to the audience as a thank you for being here. They kept their head down low, ashamed and devastated at the loss.

"Thank you!" Daichi said as he bowed to the audience.

"Thank you!" the team followed their captain after. Their voice was a bit quiet because the others didn't really had the energy to talk. Especially the freak duo, Kageyama and Hinata.

If she had only been there for them,

-

Ukai-sensei, one of the Karasuno's coaches,treated the boys for a meal at a family restaurant.

He was worried for Tachibana, the team's other coach, she had been quiet and he knew it was the right thing to do to tell the news.

"Excuse me," Ukai said as he got outside the restaurant to give a call.

Brrrrr, Brrrrr!

The number you have dialed is not answering, please try-

He sighed in frustration as he hung up on the call. Pulling out a cigarette and a lighter, he lit up the end. He inhaled the smoke at the other end and let all the frustration out.

He felt like he failed them as a teacher. He wasn't their hardworking coach, Tachibana. Nor he was the volleyball prodigy, Jester.

If he had only been a little more like her-

BRRR!! BRRR!!

He put his phone to his ear before exhaling his smoke,"Hello?"

"Coach Ukai. Is something wrong? How are the boys?" her voice echoed through his ears.

"We lost." he said through the phone.

Silence....

"I'm sorry-"

"Who cares about that?" Y/n snapped tbrough the phone, startling Ukai a bit. "I asked how are the boys. Are they alright?" she asked with concern in her voice.

Coach Ukai smiled through his phone, "They're holding up. They're eating right now." he said.

"Ah... I see... I'm sorry I had to leave you in the middle of the game. I'm so sorry," Y/n's regretful voice said.

"No no no, it's alright. What about you? How are you? Is everything alright?"

Silence again.....

"Ukai-sensei?"

"Yes?"

"I might not be able to come to practices for a while now. I'm sorry."