23. Reunion

Y/n's POV

"Why..."

"Because I care for Seiji's family." he said a little more aggressively.

I raised an eyebrow at him cockily and got up from the table, "Sir, I'm really thankful for your care. But I cannot accept your money." I said strictly.

"So, if I stop sending you money?? What will happen to Akiko if I can't provide for you??" he demanded an answer while getting up from the table.

"..."

"I thought so. You're only sixteen, working part time in your father's old restaurant. You're barely living, Y/n. Get a grip of yourself." he said harshly.

I looked down in shame.

Of course I'm barely making any money at this restaurant. That's why I stream as X, but I can't tell you that...

Kunebo sighed exhaustively, "I'm giving you this golden luck of a life time, Y/n."

"But it's wrong!" I said finally.

"What?"

"It's wrong because I barely even know you. You're this strange man who is sending money to my sick grandmother and now you're almost claiming yourself as my 'savior'. It- It's too much for me to take in, Kunebo-san..." I sighed, rubbing my temples with my fingers. "There's no fairness nor justice in this."

When I looked up at him, I saw Kunebo-san smirking weirdly.

"Then how about this? You work for me, and I'll pay you. If you're so into stuff like fair and squares, I'll let you work for my company. I'll be your partner like I was to your father." he smirked.

I stopped thinking for a second and blankly stared at him.

"You're not kidding, right?"

"Nope." he said, popping the letter p in the end. "I'll be your manager/producer and I'll help you with your fame. After all, you are Number 1 in Japan's under-19 female ace."

My eyes widened at this plan and grinned, "So all I have to do is to work for you?"

Kunebo-san grinned back, "And I give you the money you earned." He pulled out his hand for me to shake and gave me a sly smirk,

"What do you say, partner?"

I looked at his stuck-out hand in front of me and back to his face. I smirked and grabbed his hand and grasped it tightly.

"I'm in."

"Great! I actually brought the documents for you to go through and you shall sign in the contract." he said.

Why would he take a contract everywhere he'd go— Doesn't matter! I can finally earn more money and actually make a living for myself and Nana.

I sat back down while he struggled to take out his contract sheets.

He handed me ten papers and smiled,

"You don't have to read through all of them, though! All you have to do is fill in here." he said, tapping on the blank space that was in the last tenth paper.

"Are you sure I don't have to read them—"

"I said it's fine." he gritted his teeth while he smiled.

"Just sign in the end. You trust me, right?"

I gulped and felt a little ugly pitch inside my stomach and nodded hesitantly, "Yes..."

I grabbed the pen from my pocket and signed on the paper before Mr. Kunebo swiped it away from me.

"Splendid!! That's great! I'll send you an email and we'll schedule your timetable and make some calls with model agencies. We'll have a photoshoot within a week so make sure to be clean, alright?" he said in a joking manner.