I Can't Put Her At Risk.

Hayce's POV:

I looked back at the man sitting in front of me and had a bad hunch.

'Sure enough this man has never been anything good'.

"Hello sir" I replied as I bowed to show courtesy but in my heart I felt some repulsion and unease.

"No need for such formalities Mr.Jade". He said as he motioned for me to take a seat. He also pulled out a small carrier bag and I knew it was for Liana so I put her in and turned on the sound-proof function. He was naturally showing his goodwill...

But all this did not make me any less worried but contrarily it made the fact that something bad was coming more clear.

"I suppose you are well aware of my plans?, you are smart after all"

He looked at my face and then his gaze shifted to my eyes in a slow motion.
I didn't want to give in but hiding from this man was already very dangerous and I couldn't risk it.

"Yes" I replied but after a thought came to me I added: " But not what it is".

'I just knew it was something bad not what it was....'

(Author: .......)

(Ken Jek: "...")

"You should know it is regarding your pet right?".

"Yes" I replied rather expressionless.

"You know of the exchange event for pets held every few years correct?".

I did not reply just conveying my answer with the frost in my eyes.

"I want to have this one to..."
"NO!" I shouted, for a moment forgetting this man's position. I knew it might put me at risks but otherwise it could put Liana
at risk and that I couldn't accept.

"..... participate in the exchange event"

He still finished his words without minding my shout just now and also chuckled at the end as if to mock me.

"I have signed her up..thanks to the information you bought" he chuckled once more and it was more mocking than before and also held a tint of pride and provocation in it.