30

this is so painfully short but i'm working on a big chapter and i wanted to put something out so that i wasn't starving u guys but i didn't wanna do a lot bc i didn't want it to interfere with the big chapter so here u go ily stay safe

-bee
//////////////////

eddies face was damp with tears by the time he got home that afternoon. nothing bad had even happened. everything just felt familiar.

they had just talked. for the first time in two years. they had sat and talked. eddie was able to look richie in the eyes and have a conversation.

they avoided the break up. eddie wasn't sure why. nothing did he want more than to yell at richie for everything, though he was sure that richie watched to yell right back.

richie had asked him about school, if he was studying to be a lawyer. eddie could only laugh.

"no, i'm actually going into journalism. mom begged me to study law though." richie watched as eddie spoke, his eyes slightly flickering as eddies mother was mentioned.

"yeah, and how is your mom doing?" eddie nodded slowly, taking a sip from his cup. he brought his gaze to richies and shrugged his shoulders.

"she's doing okay. she called crying the other day because my dad is really sick, i guess. but other than that, she's doing well." richie shook his head.

"i'm sorry about your dad eds, really." eddie gave a weak smile.

"it's okay. he's a dick anyway, right?" richie nodded and checked his watch.

"yeah he is. i gotta head out. you don't have to delete my number, by the way. tell red that i said hey, will ya?" 

eddie felt like his world was bursting. so much had happened in such little time. they had spoken and it wasn't a fight. there was no yelling.

it was just a conversation.

they had grown as people.

richie had matured and seemed to be over it, eddie was just good at playing the part.

eddie considered deleting richies number anyways.

that was until he received a message.

from richie

was nice seeing you after all this time. brought back some weird shit in my head. i've missed you.