20

shorter chapter because i needed a filler between last chapter and my next chapter. it's kinda all over the place but it's okay it's slay we're slaying

—————————————————

"are you mad at me?" richie glanced away from the computer screen. eddie was sitting on the bed in the same spot where he had just been laying. richie assumed he had been sleeping.

"what?" richie paused his game and fully turned around in his seat, facing eddie dead on. eddie looked up from his lap and directly into richies eyes. richie stood and walked to the bed, sitting down next to the smaller boy, allowing eddie to fall into his arms.

"are you mad at me?" eddie asked again, his tone staying the same.

"no, eds. why would i be mad at you?" richie looked down, gently grabbing eddies chin and turning his face to maintain eye contact.

"because of henry, or the college thing, or my dad? or anything that you could possibly be mad at me over?" eddie looked away from richies eyes. eye contact made him anxious.

"eds, i'm not mad at you." richie knew that the air had been different for the past few days. normally it was perfect. no awkward moments, no weird silences. it was comfortable. but now the air was thick, and tensious. the whole thing was odd.

"things have just been weird recently. i feel like you're mad at me, or you're uncomfortable around me now. if there's something that i did you can tell me. i just want to be better. i'm sorry for getting upset over columbia. i just, it's really hard to get accepted to columbia, and columbia would be so good for you. and you're throwing all of that away for me. which is so stupid, richie. i'm sorry that i was defensive about the whole henry thing. but i don't want you to think that i would ever do you like that. and i'm sorry about how i stresses you out over my dads bullshit. i'm sorry about everything and i just want you to know that i'm gonna stop acting like i'm acting. i'm gonna do better. i just don't want you to make stupid decisions because of me. i don't want you to be upset with me."

richie stayed silent, unsure of what to say. eddie knew that he shouldn't have let everything build up inside of him, and that he should have just talked to richie when he realized that he was upset. but eddie didn't. he kept it to himself.

"i'm not mad at you, okay? i know why you got upset about columbia, i know why you were defensive over henry, and i don't want you to apologize for you dad, because he's a piece of shit for stressing you out, okay? don't worry about me. everything is good."