10

three loud knocks echoed throughout the bowers residence.

upon opening the door, henry saw eddie, standing on his porch steps.

"hi." eddie said, quietly.

"hey. why didn't you call?" henry questioned, confused as to what eddie needed so badly that he showed up unannounced.

"i need to talk to you." eddie's voice shook. he felt like crying already.

"okay? i'm all ears." henry smiled, gently. eddie knew that part of henry knew what was coming.

"i'm sorry." henry nodded, assuming the worst was becoming a reality.

"is this what i think it is?"

this sentence broke eddie's heart. eddie loved henry, but at some point, the two had fell more into routine than they did in love. they were simply comfortable. henry was jealous and insecure, and eddie didn't want to be secluded. he didn't want to be on a leash. he wanted to be his own person.

eddie simply nodded, before tears were falling down his face. henry grabbed his shoulder, pulling him into a hug.

slight sobs came out against henry's chest.

"i'm sorry, hen. i really am. i just wouldn't be able to forgive myself if i kept this going."

"is it richie tozier?" eddie pulled away, wiping his nose with his sleeve.

"not entirely, not even mostly."  henry nodded.

"right. okay."

"i'm sorry. it's not because i don't care, i'll love you forever, you know." henry, once again, nodded.

"i know. i care too, i'll love you forever." eddie knew.

as much as eddie wasn't in love, he still loved.

henry was his first love. theres no erasing that.