9

richie didn't know why he felt so much guilt in his heart. he hated henry. he would've killed henry if he could've. but the fact that eddie was still dating him, the fact that he had assisted in eddies infidelity, it made richie feel sick. 

eddie was asleep in the bed next to him. the air was silent, and the room was barely lit. it was peaceful, but for some reason richie could barely focus on the fact that he was actually holding eddie kaspbrak. he'd kissed eddie kaspbrak.

"richie?" a quiet voice pulled richie from his thoughts. eddie. his hair was slightly messy and the sun that fled in through the window hit his bare skin, giving it the slightest glow.

"hi," richie leaned up to kiss his forehead, making eddies cheeks tinge a peach color.

"thank you," eddies voice was still low, as if someone else might hear him.

"for what?"

"last night. for making me realize that i don't have to put up with this."

"what are you talking about, eds?"

"i don't want to be with henry anymore."

"eds, you cant leave him."

"why can't i?"

"he won't let you leave. hell hurt you"

"no he won't, that's all for show. he'd never hurt me."

"obviously he would eddie. he's crazy."

"i don't want to be with him," eddie sighed, feeling the slight sting in his eyes, a tell-tale sign that he'd cry soon.

"eds, that- you can't."

eddie stayed silent.

richie wrapped his arms around the smaller boy, pulling him closer.

"i'm not going to put up with it anymore richie. he doesn't own me."