42. Don't move

I woke and looked around. I couldn't see properly as my vision was slightly blurred. My body felt stiff and  I soon regained my strength. I tried to sit up and I looked over at Matthew. His head was leaning against the window and he had blood on his face. I shook him and he wouldn't move.

"Matthew!" I shook him again. He didn't move. I struggled as I got out of the car and I walked slowly out into the road. Nobody was here. It surprised me but soon enough there was a crowd forming.

"Darling? Are you okay, dear?" A woman rushed over to me.

"I-I-" I couldn't speak and I soon felt dizzy again. I suddenly felt myself falling and collapsing for the third time...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I woke up in a room I didn't recognise and on realised I was in hospital. I didn't know what was wrong with me. I felt sick, dizzy and I was fainting every few hours. What is going on?!

I looked to my left and found Sherlock sitting there. "Sherlo-" I said trying to sit up but I couldn't. I felt weak and my body wasn't as strong.

Sherlock looked up at me and he had been crying. "Sherlock. What's...wrong?" He dropped his head and wiped his eyes.

"Jennifer. You need to lie down until the doctor gets here. Don't move...as much." He said catching his breath. He got up and left the room. What is going on?

Within a couple of minutes Sherlock returned with the doctor, and my parents. Dad saw me and his face grew confused and he looked angry. "Jennifer, what the hell is-"

"Jim, stay calm she's just woken up." Mum said coming over and taking Sherlocks seat. She sat down and held my hand. I wished I could tell her everything but they would never ever let me have a normal life. They'd never let me have a life of my own.

But this needed to come out. And I needed to tell them. Sooner rather than later.

Dad sat next to Mum and Sherlock stood in the corner of the room.

"You, get out." Dad said looking at Sherlock.

"Dad no." I said but  Sherlock didn't protest he left without a word.

"How did this happen?" Mum asked. The doctor walked over and said, "Car crash. Minor effects however there is some damage caused from something else." He said looking at my parents with a sad look on his face. What the hell?

"What is it?" Dad asked, kind of panicked.

"Im afraid your daughter has a minor brain tumour." He said. Sherlock knew this thats why he was crying... I couldn't believe it, was this why i was so dizzy lately? How did this happen?

"We do not know how it started but we do know that if we operate now we can get rid of it and there's a good chance it won't come back. We will need to..."

The doctors voice was drowned by my thoughts and I saw Sherlock looking through the window and he looked distraught.

I focused on the doctor again and listened to him. "...may not wake up again. So-"

"What? Wake up? What do you mean?" I asked hurriedly sitting up, not caring about how much my body hurt at that moment.

"After the operation you may not wake up. Your tumour is at stage 2 going on 3 so if we remove it as soon as possible then we can ensure it won't come back. However, putting you under a strong sedative means we need to stabalise every part of you and your brain is the thing that controls all of you. So putting you under a sedative will allow us to get the job done quickly. We have to take out the tumour before it spreads rapidly and we will have to be very careful. If we damage any other part of the brain then it could be fatal. We will give you a week and then you'll come in for the operation." I looked down at my lap and wondered if this was just a matter of life or if something may have caused this. "That is, if you are in agreement." The doctor asked my parents. Mum was crying, Dad was crying (which I had never seen in my entire life.)

I put my head in my hands. So, in other words, I could die if I don't have this operation and j could die if the operation fails. Either way, there is a higher chance of me dying...

Great.

Later that day the doctor told me I could go home. I waited in the car with Mum whilst Dad was talking to Sherlock. I couldn't hear them but I was watching.

"Why Jennifer?" Mum said.

"Why what?" I asked.

"Why Sherlock? Of all the people and you chose Sherlock." She said.

"Is that meant to be an insult?" I asked.

"No, I mean why do you like him so much. You have Miles don't you? Now Sherlock, why?" She asked. She doesn't know the half of it...

"I don't know. I've tried to not love him but I can't. I've loved him ever since I was 13 believe it or not. And I still feel that connection I did 4 years ago. I love him Mum. Its ridiculous but I really do. And if you won't let me have him, then- then- I think I'd probably choose him over family. At least I'll be able to get out the house." I said staring at Sherlock and Dad.

"You'd choose Sherlock over us? And we wouldn't keep you locked up inside the house!" She protested.

"You will once you find out what's been happening and why I was in that crash." I said. Another question came to mind and I wondered whether Matthew was alive or not...