37. I Love The Rain

"Who was that guy?" Lizzie said the next day at lunch.

"Just some guy." I said drinking my water.

"Some hot guy. I'm not joking." She confessed.

"Oh my god." I said. "I think I'm going to puke." She didn't know the half of it.

"I'm not kidding." She laughed.

"Seriously. Shut up" I said getting up from the table.

"Hey, did I say something wrong?" She asked.

"Forget it." I said walking out the canteen and slamming the door behind me.

This made me so angry. How can she say that? I know she doesn't understand but she can't say things about someone who does nasty things like that to people. It made me sick how she could even be attracted to him. He's twice her age.

I sat on the bench outside of the gym and sighed.

It was raining and I was glad in a way. I've always loved the rain.

My life is such a mess. I was terrified. I left Matthew without permission and he could be angry and then he might do something and-

"Who might do something?" I looked up to see Mark. He sat next to me and frowned.

"Was I saying that out loud?" I asked.

"I didn't know you were thinking it but yes I heard every word." He replied. "Who's Matthew? Is he that guy yesterday?"

"Uh, just forget about it." I said standing up. Mark grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him as he stood up.

"Tell me." He said. I looked up as his face was inches from mine and he was staring straight at me. I tried to get out of his grip but  he was too strong.

"No." I replied looking him straight in the eye.

"What did you mean by, 'without permission to leave'. Who is he?" He said. I looked down and swallowed hard as my throat became dry.

"Forget it." I said firmly stepping away from him whilst attempting to get my wrist out of his grip. He let go of me but before I could walk away he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into him, locking his waist with mine. I gasped and he frowned at me.

"Tell me. I know he's the reason you've been acting strange these days. Tell me what he's done to you." He begged.

I leaned back so our faces weren't that close and I said, "Why the hell do you care?!"

"Because- because I just do! Alright?!" He half shouted. I could tell he was getting angry.

"Well, you shouldn't!" I answered back.

"Just tell me what's going on. You need help and I want to help you." He said softly.

"No Mark. I've said forget it, so forget it." I said.

"You can be so stubborn sometimes." He yelled.

"Good! I'm glad!" I yelled back.

"How the hell is anyone supposed to help you when you psuh everybody away?" He said, actually pushing me away from him.

"Its my decision to keep things to myself!" I shouted back. I then turned to walk away. However I didn't get far.

I was quickly pulled back by Mark and he looked into my eyes for a moment before placing his lips on mine angrily. I tensed up and he wrapped his arms around my waist and held me tightly.

I kissed back. I felt different. In a good way but it confused me. I felt completely and utterly safe in the arms of someone I hardly knew.

Surely that wasn't normal?

He pulled away and caught his breath as I did too.

"Now, I'm going to ask you one more time." He said loosening his grip on me. "Will you tell me what is going on?"

"How do I know I can trust you?" I asked.

"Because I've always been the boy who hooks up with girls for the fun of it. But this time, you are changing me and I can't help it." He said, as raindrops fell from his hair and eyelashes.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" I asked.

"You don't." He said simply.

"Fine." I nodded. "I'll tell you." Mark and I walked to a shelter to get away from the wet rain and we sat down.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"So, he has escaped from prison somehow, he is practically stalking you without the anonymous part, and you can't do anything about i otherwise he'd kill Sherlock. Am I right?" He said.

I nodded. "Its just you know, he's making me crazy and I feel like I'm insane. I don't feel good at all." I explained.

"And he killed Miles?" He asked. I nodded again and put my head in my hands.

"How the hell did he escape in the first place?!" Matthew said.

"In don't know. He's smart but not smart enough. There are people searching for him. They're not gonna go past an empty cell and be like, 'oh, prisoner number 506 has escaped. Yay'. They will be looking for him now. Whether they'll find him or no I don't know." I said.

"Wait. So do your parents know about it?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. Just you, Sherlock and I mainly. I haven't told anyone else." I said.

"I'm going to keep you safe. Don't worry about thing. You're gonna be just fine." He said putting an arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

If only that were true.

Things always go wrong for me.