40. Related?

The next day, I woke up in Mark's bed again but mark wasn't there this time. I got up and left going to my room to get changed. I walked in my room and saw Lizzie.

"You have your own room. Why do you insist on staying here?" I said laughing.

"Because I want to spend my time with my friend not with some girl who sits there and says nothing. Honestly." She rolled her eyes and I took my clothes and walked into the bathroom.

Later that day Mark said to me, "My family and I are having a small get together. I want you to come."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

A wide smirk emerged on his face and he brushed my hair behind my ear. "Of course." He said.

I smiled slightly and agreed. I was a little nervous about meeting his family but I guess I should.

So, later that day I sat in the car with Mark on the way to his parents house. It was a long drive but once we arrived he told me to close my eyes. I did and he told me I mustn't peek or else it'd ruin the surprise. What surprise?

He unlocked on the door. He led me inside first and I heard him shut the door. "Okay you can open now." He said. I opened my eyes and there was nobody there. Then I realised.

It suddenly hit me like I'd been struck by lightening because this was not just Marks parents house. No. It was Matthew's house. And why did Mark have a key to Matthews house?!

I turned to Mark and I was in shock. "Mark? Are you sure this is the right place?" I asked. Mark looked up at me and then a grin appeared on his face. What the fuck was going on.

I stepped backwards only to bump into something and I stopped. My feet wouldn't move to run and my body froze.

Two hands touched my shoulder and cool breath fanned my neck. "I think he's in the right place. He is my little brother after all."

"W-what?" I stammered as Matthew kissed my shoulder. I cringed at the thought and Mark smirked.

"Mark, please tell me this isn't true. I- I actually loved you, at least I thought I did and now you are here, telling me you two are brothers?!" I tried to step away from Matthew but he wouldn't let me go.

"I know." He said twirling the keys in his hand. "And I was just leading you to my brother. You know what his childhood was like? Well mine was just the same and it doesn't matter about our age diffenece I know how he feels. My dad is his dad and after Matthew was gone my dad married this slutty whore she gave birth to me and they treated me the same. I left and came here and found my brother. We are step-brothers but we always stick together. Always." He said getting a little frustrated.

"What the hell has happened to you?! I shouted. " You are speaking like a psycho and I trusted you! I basically put my life in your hands because I trusted that you'd protect me. Everything you said was a lie. I thought I'd finally been fixed and now- Now you're doing this? Do you not feel bad at all?" I asked as my tears started to fall from my eyes.

Mark grinned. I saw the resemblance now. He was acting just like Matthew and he decieved me. I can't make any right choices. Ever. But how was I to know he was a psycho like his brother?

"Nope. Why do you think I wanted to be your 'friend' so badly? Anyway, I'm going back to school. I'll leave you two alone." He said opening the door and walking out shutting it. I shoved Matthew backwards and ran straight for the door. Of course Mark fucking locked it! I turned round and Matthew was already right behind me. I tried pushing myself as far against the door as I could.

"P-please, this has gone on for too long. Please, just leave me alone!" I begged. He smiled sympathetically and took my waist violently. He pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me stroking my hair. I began to cry. Why is he not caught yet?! He broke out of prison! Someone needs to catch him! God, why didn't I call the police. Why did I not call the police! Why do I never call the police!

"I don't ever want you to leave me, my darling. You and I were made for each other and if I can't have you no one can. Because, I possess your soul, your mind, your heart and your body." He said coldly. His words made my legs buckle and I was going to fall, so I grabbed his shirt and tried to hold myself up. "It's okay." He said kissing my head. "Don't be afraid." I mustered up the courage and strength to push him away and I was about to get my phone but decided against it. He'd take it for the third time!

Matthew glared at me. "Well now. Why are you trying to get away from me. I love you, remember?" He said reaching for me. I moved away again and he sighed. "You know what will happen if you don't comply with my rules?" He said making me want to cry again.

"N-no?" I asked.

"You get hurt. Just like last time, it went dark didn't it? You were knocked out. Only next time, it will be dark forever. I will kill you Jennifer. So don't you fucking dare." He said advancing to grab my arm.

What can I do, what can I do. I need do escape somehow I need to call the police I need anything to help in this situation.

"Be a good girl now. Or punishments will take place." He whispered pulling me closer to him.