39. Candyfloss and Fluorescent Lights

"So, what did you and Mark do last night?" Lizzie asked as we were in lunch.

"Watched a movie, ate pizza then we fell asleep." I said smiling.

"And...?"

"And...? That's it." I smiled as I saw Mark walking towards our table.

"So, did you do anything then?" She said.

"Define anything." I asked.

"Hello girls." Mark said sitting down putting an arm around me. Lizzie looked at me and smirked. I shook my head. Mark stole a chip from my plate and grinned at me.

"Take it all. I'm not hungry." I said

He gladly did and soon enough Ryan came to sit with Lizzie.

"I'm taking you out tonight." Mark whispered.

"We can't leave school grounds unless its before curfew." I said.

"Its Saturday silly." He said poking my side. I let out a giggle and shoved him.

"Okay. Fine." I laughed.

Later that day I was ready waiting on the steps of the boys building. Mark came down the steps and held his hand out to me. I took it and he held my hand as we walked to his car. He got inside and drove out of school and down the road.

We drove into town and I got a little cautious of where we were. I knew that I was closer to home and I didn't want to run into anybody unwanted...

We drove to a small fairground and the illuminated lights could be seen before we even walked inside. We got out of the car and I said, "This is amazing."

"I thought you'd like it." He said wrapping an arm around my waist. I did like it. It was beautiful.

We walked inside and the lights illuminated the little area of land we were in. If the fair wasn't here you wouldn't think something so pretty could replace it.

We walked through the fair and came to a knock-the-milk-bottle stand. Mark looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows. I giggled and he payed the man and he had three tries to knock them all over.

Mark picked up the first ball and aimed he thew the ball and it missed. He sighed and picked up the second ball and missed again. He rolled his eyes and picked it up again, this time hitting all three down and he raised his arms in victory.

"Yes!" He exclaimed smiling. He put his arm around me again and said, "Pick one." There were lots of large teddies to choose from so I ended up choosing a cute monkey. The man pulled it off the shelf and handed it to Mark. Mark handed it to me and said, "Here you go."

"Thank you." I said smiling.

"I'll take him in the car wait here one second." Mark said rushing off.

A couple minutes later he returned and he grabbed my hand and we walked through the fair, heading towards the Ferris wheel.

We arrived at the Ferris wheel and we got inside

Mark put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. I finally felt like I was happy again. I didn't have to.hide aanythinf and I was with someone who made me happy.

We slowly went up and Mark said, "Look, you can see school from here." I looked out across the distance and saw our school. I smiled and held his arm tightly.

"Thank you Mark." I said as I watched the view in front of us.

"Anything to make you happy." He said kissing the top of my head.

Once we were off the Ferris wheel Mark and I bought some candyfloss. I had pink he had blue. We both sat on a bench and ate our candyfloss enjoying each others company.

We stayed there practically all night and it began to rain heavily when we had to leave.

"Its a shame it had to rain." Mark said as we drove back to school.

"I like the rain." I said smiling.

Once we arrived back at school we got out the car and I grabbed my monkey and Mark ran to his building. I mean and followed him and he started laughing at me as we ran. I began to laugh too and as we reached his dorm he shut the door and laughed again. His laugh made me laugh and I was holding the monkey in front of me. Mark stepped closer and let out a small giggle before placing his lips on mine. He kissed me softly then whispered, "I never really asked you officially." He said.

"Go on." I said.

"With you be my girlfriend, Jennifer?" He said smiling.

I smiled back at him and said, "Yes. Of course." I then kissed him again.

"I told you that you'd be mine." He said smirking.

"When was this?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Mark took the monkey slolwly out of my hands.

"At the party." He grinned kissing me once more pulling me closer to him.

"I thought you were an arrogant arse." I said between kisses.

"Nice to know you feel that way."  He mumbled against my lips trying not to break contact.

"Well, now I don't. I made assumptions too early because I-" I said pulling away from him .

"Just shut up and kiss me Jen." He said pulling my chin towards him. He sat on his bed and pulled me onto his lap.

"I don't know how but I fucking love you Jennifer." He said resting his forehead on mine.

I smiled and kissed him back.

That night was such a good night it was beautiful. I finally felt better for once and I thought he could be the one to make everything okay.

Mark was special and I wasn't about to give that up.