25. Bad News

Song: Amnesia - 5 Seconds Of Summer.
.
.
I feel like this song fits with this chapter, kind of... Idk but I love you guys, so yeah. :)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
For about an hour I sat on a chair doing nothing but playing games on my phone. I was so, so, so bored. I decided I should probably leave because this was going no where. I opened the door and walked into the corridor. As I reached the steps my phone started to ring. I pulled it out from my pocket and saw it was Sherlock. I hesitated to answer but I eventually did.

"Hello." I said quietly. I sat down on the steps.

"Hello Jennifer, I was just calling to see how you were getting on. John and I miss you." He said. I couldn't help but smile as I heard his voice.

"I'm fine. I miss you both too. How is, um, Irene?" I asked as I was curious.

"Oh, Irene, she had to, erm, she had to leave. She had business to take care of."

"What kind of business?" I asked.

He chuckled slightly before answering. "You don't want to know."

"Alright."

"So what are you doing?" He asked.

"Well, I'm sitting on the steps. I was at a p- get together but then I got bored so I left." I said lying only partially.

"So you're not doing anything important then?" He asked.

"Well, not entirely. Why?" I said.

"I need to say something. But you need to go outside. You won't imagine it otherwise." He said.

"Why outs-"

"Just go." He said.

"Alright. I'm walking down now." I Said as I walked down the stairs. I soon got to the bottom and walked outside. I suddenly almost tripped as my shoelace was undone so I bent down to tie it up.

I pressed the phone between my shoulder and ear and began to tie my lace. "So, I'm outside, what did you want to tell me?" I said, finishing the last loop on my shoe.

"Look up and you'll see." He said, although it sounded a lot louder than before. I looked up and saw two black shoes in front of me. I swallowed add I knew who was standing in front of me and I looked up to see Sherlock standing there with a grin on his face.

"Oh. My. God." Was all I managed to saw before I grabbed him and hugged him. "You have no idea how much I've missed you, even though it's been like a day but i-"

"Its alright Jennifer. The feeling is mutual." I smiled and looked up at him. He stared at me and I said, "How did you get in here?"

"I dos a small favour for the headteachers a few years ago. Nothing special." He said. He pushed me backwards still holding my arms. "You need to come with me." He said as his face dropped. I could tell something was wrong.

"Why?" I asked.

"I can't tell you now. Just, get some spare clothes and come with me. You might not be returning here do a few days." He explained.

"But-"

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Yes..?"

"Then do as I say and meet me at the gate." He said. I nodded and ran to my room. I took my small sports bag and shoved some clothes inside along with my phone charger and a pair of headphones. I put some trainers in and zipped the bag up. I left my room, locking my door, and walked to meet Sherlock.

"Jennifer!" I stopped as I was just about to walk down the stairs. I turned and saw Mark coming out of one of the rooms.

"You're not allowed in here." I said eyeing him as he did the buttons up on his shirt. I know exactly what he had been doing. What do you expect?

"Yes. But who cares. Where are you going?" He asked.

"None of your business. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go somewhere." I said.

I walked out and met Sherlock.

He was standing at the gate and the receptionist let us through. We then got in a car and John was in the front. "Hi John." I said smiling.

"Oh, Jennifer. Hello. Are you alright?" He asked turning the engine on.

"I am now."

Sherlock smiled slightly but it soon dropped and he looked out the window. John began to drive away.

"So, where are we going?" I asked eagerly, sitting forward in my seat.

"Well, I need to tell you something, important." He said turning his head to me.

"Go on." I said.

"Its not good news Jennifer." He sighed. I stayed silent. "Well, Miles and I saved you from Matthew and everything was fine. Matthew was alive and I think his girlfriend helped him. After that, today Miles was walking home and Matthew found him. Matthew shot Miles and now Miles is in hospital. He is severely injured and he is bleeding internally as well as externally and I believe he hasn't much time until..." Sherlock trailed off.

"Sherlock, t-time until w-w-what?" I said as tears spilled out from my eyes. I bit my lip and waited for Sherlock to answer. He was hesitating and I grew impatient.

"I believe, he hasn't got much time until, until-. I don't think he will make it." Sherlock said trying hard not to look at me.

"Sherlock, what- oh my god, I don't know- I- its all my fault. I didn't- if I had just- oh my god." I said covering my face with my hands. I was shaking and I felt like I was going to be sick. I couldn't think straight. "John, John, stop the car!" I cried scrambling to get out. John stopped to a halt and I opened the door and stumbled out onto the pavement. I breathed in the fresh air and  look around. Everything felt like it was spinning around me. I shut my eyes and held my head. I looked up to see Sherlock walking towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and shushed me, but he couldn't drown out the pain.

"Miles can't die. He's my best friend. I love him so much. He can't die, Sherlock please. He just can't." I said grabbing his shirt and trying to calm down.

"Jennifer. Stop it. You'll make things harder for yourself. The calmer you are the easier it will be. Trust me. You trust me don't you?" He asked rubbing my back. I nodded  and he pushed me back holding my arms. "Stop crying. It will get you nowhere. Ok?" I nodded and shut my eyes. He wiped my tears away and pushed the hair which was stuck to my face behind my ear. "Come on. Let's get in the car." He said sliding his hand down my arm to grip my hand. I nodded again and he opened the door for me and I got inside. I put my belt back on and soon enough we were on our way.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"First, we are going to court. Matthew was arrested and is being held on trial in about an hour. You have to be there. They can't find the weapon used and Matthew is protesting that he isnt guilty. Afterwards, you can see Miles." Sherlock said as we pulled up outside the court. I swallowed and nodded as I took his hand and stepped out the car.

I followed him inside and we signed in at the reception. I then sat down on a bench in the coriddor waiting for the trial to start.

My life is ruined.