|Fifty-Seven|

Kayleigh

While Christmas is the most played out holiday there is, it gives us a lot of opportunities to do good for this community. Now is the time to come together and help each other out. Put our differences aside just because it is Christmas, no other reason.

As someone who's job it is to bring the community together my job is a lot easier around the holidays. People were more in a giving mood which helped me out a lot. It also made me a lot busier.

This cool December morning I gathered some friends to help me serve food to the homeless shelter. We got a little pre Christmas meal to lift the spirits of the less fortunate and give them something to help them believe again.

Today was just the first day as I was able to set up warm meals all the way through the new year. But I wanted to help serve the community and do my part in making this city a better place. Even though I moved in to helping schools the homeless shelters were still a top priority and I'm happy I can get something done for them. Patrick and Marissa join me in the kitchen as we make some plates up. We let the Christmas music take over as we make new friends.

"Hang all the mistletoe
I'm gonna get to know you better
This Christmas
And as we trim the tree
How much fun it's gonna be together
This Christmas

The fireside is blazing bright
We're caroling through the night

And this Christmas, will be
A very special Christmas, for me."

I feel a pair of eyes on me and I try to figure out where the stare was coming from. I see Patrick standing next to me smiling as big as ever.

"What got you all jolly" I question.

"Just being with you" he claims as I start to blush.

"Cute" I giggle.

"Ugh, do you guys ever take a break" Marissa asks as I roll my eyes.

"You have a boyfriend now so I don't know why you're complaining" I accuse.

"I don't see him here. All I see is you two about to make all these people lose those their appetite" she accuses.

"Sorry for being in love. I'll try to tone it back just for you" I tease.

"No you won't" she mumbled.

"No I won't" I smile.

"Presents and cards are here
My world is filled with cheer and you
This Christmas
And as I look around
Your eyes outshine the town, they do
This Christmas

Fireside is blazing bright
We're caroling through the night

And this Christmas, will be
A very special Christmas, for me, yeah

Shake a hand, shake a hand now."

We finish plating the food and it all looked really good. It was nice and cold outside so we decided to go with chili for dinner today. We also get them some bread and fresh veggies to keep their health up.

We take the plates and passed them out to the people and give them what they needed along with a little bit of what they wanted too. I find a old merry man sitting by himself and decide to see what he was up to.