War of 3015: Chapter Five

The last night here in the castle, I stood near the window, watching as Leo walks deeper and deeper into the woods. According to the maid, which by this time I've learned her name, which was Sara, Dameo, Eithan and I were to share a carriage to Terrien tomorrow morning at 6am, and we would arrive there at 9pm. The ball/celebration was the very next day, starting at 3pm and had no end time. 

After being lost in thought for a few minutes, I start walking down the hallway leading to the entrance of the caslte. I walk slowly up the steps and I head towards my room. I enter the room and slowly get ready for sleep.

Once I'm in my nightgown, that was given to me, I walk towards my mirror. My nightgown's frills flow lightly and relaxed,and my arms are barely bruised, my face seems older and my eyes - look off. Really off. They seem more tired and older. The brightness of them are now extinguished. I walk away from the mirror and head towards the window. I lean my elbows on the window pane and look outside at the dark starry sky.

If anyone would have told me, a year go, that I would be working undercover at Dameo's castle and suffering the comments and awful actions Dameo does, I would have laughed at that persons face and told him I would rather die then do that. Yet here I am.

The door creaks open.

Not knowing who was there I just look onward to the outside landscape. I guessed it was Eithan for some reason, but just in case I did not dare call his name.

"Are you alright?" A voice I hate asks.

I turn towards his voice automaticly and put on a fake cheery face. "Of course. I'm just a bit sad of leaving tomorrow. This castle has nice landscape views. Especially at night. It seems so...peaceful." I lie, almost saying haunting instead of peaceful.

Dameo smiles and walks towards me and touches my shoulders and direct them towards the window and then moves his arms down to my waist and hugs me. "Don't worry, we'll come back soon enough. You'll see these landscape views again."

Inside, his touch is making me want to be sick. I stare out of this window now, predicting what he wants. I didn't prepare myself for this so soon. I expected it later and maybe a night of the trip...Not now. I calm myself down during the empty silence and remind myself why I'm going through all this stupid stuff.

He moves one of his hands away from my waist and brings it on my chin and turns my face to face his. After a few awkward seconds of looking at me, he leans in for a kiss. I close my eyes and cringe inside. His kiss deepened and quickly, he started to kiss me over and over with more urgency. I just let him do as he pleases, knowing that if I do anything he doesn't like, it's game over for me. I already did a few things that he could have seen as questionable, and now was not a time for another questionable act. His hand on my face slides down to my shoulder and slowly tried to take off my night gown.

I shuddered inside and before I knew it I broke off the kisses he was giving me.

I stared into his face with an expression of shock on mine. He looks angry.

"What's the matter?" He asks trying to keep his voice monotone but failing.

"I-I just think this is all so sudden, first the kisses then this-" I start lying, hoping that this last minute coverup will fool him.

He pushes me onto the bed. "Too sudden? You've been here for how long now, Nina? Leading me on and now this?"

He pulls away from me and walks towards my dresser. He picks up a vase and throws it near the bed. It shatters into pieces.

"It's because you're in love with Eithan, isn't it?" He hisses, picking up another object on the dresser and throwing it straight at me.

The object hits me on the legs, cutting the nightgown and a bit of the skin on my legs. I wince overeactingly since I'm suppose to be a girly-girl and not a soldier-type girl.