War of 3015: Chapter Fifteen

This was it. Today we were going back to Carlistan. In about a day or two, I have the chance to end it all with my own hands or let another take my place. But who else would carry out such a plan if they were offered a bribe or threatened if Dameo or his guards found out? How good of a leader would I be if I allowed someone else to take away my rebellion's goal away from their reach, even with the modified circumstances?

But I will be Queen after King Dameo is brought to his demise. I have to think about the towns' people too.

If I end his life with my own hands, I will be of no better replacement in the citizen's eyes. I would have she's blood to in order to gain what I want, which to them would seem like the throne instead of just completing a Rebellion group's goal.

I do not want to be looked down upon. That is what will happen if I do kill him.

But if the circumstances only allow me to kill this Demon, then I will not hesitate and end his life without a second thought.

But who could possibly take my place if I choose to be praised by the citizens instead of treated the same way as the Devil?

That was yet to be found. I had time to think on it.

Sarah believes I should let another end his life and just become ruler of Carlistan beside King Eithan.

Leo thinks the same way, saying that the rebellion group has changed themselves, therefore I could as well without them being upset. Either way, they only care for his dead head to be out on a spike. No matter the means for it to happen.

Eithan prefers the same option too, even though he encouraged me to kill him for the longest time. He's change of heart was likely due to the fact that this marriage, our engagement was only told for me to accomplish my goal and then leave before being crowned, and now he doesn't want me to leave. He wants me as his wife, who will serve by his side for the rest of his lifetime.

The choice that is best for everyone is clearly the choice the three of them have chosen.

If it wasn't for the citizens I would have chosen the option they didn't.

But thinking about it more and more I come to see that my own pride as a leader came in the way of me seeing clearly. Like Leo said, as long as the goal is met, it doesn't matter how it happened.

So now, who was this person who can overcome this task and come out victorious?

My thoughts cross through the people I've known for quite a while. There was Dark or Fern but they didn't strike me as the one to willingly do it.

Then there was this name that flowed to my mind that I just couldn't help but think it was perfect.

Serinity. The second leader in command of Everlyn. She managed to gain all loyalties of the group and from what I've seen a few days ago, when she was in front of the castle, had the same hatred for him as I do.

She won't allow herself to fail.

She's a lot like me.

Watching the changing of scenery as we enter the woods, the acquired troops following behind us, I glance at Eithan. He was worth more to me. More then anything. He deserves a wife that's loved and not shunned.

He wraps an arm around my shoulder and kisses my forehead.

"Have you decided, Roselyn?" He asks softly, still clearly a bit tired from last night.

I nod in response and he smiles. "And your choice?"

"To allow another leader to kill your father. I will not be seen in the eyes of the people I spent years fighting for like him and shunned."

He kisses me deeply. "Well said."

"I know you could do it. I've fought against you before, remember? You're a smart fighter." He adds a moment later.

Eithan. Prince Eithan, son of King Dameo, the one that divorced his wife and did adultery was the father of this boy. Very hard to believe. This man acts very little like him. He must have taken more traits from his mother.

I will personally guard him and protect him from becoming like Dameo if the temptation ever surfaces for him. I will not allow the citizens to go through another reign like this in my lifetime.

"It was fun dancing with you last night." Eithan says, breaking my thoughts away."I can't wait to make you my wife officially and finally have my way with you." He pauses, "to feel every inch of your body and to hear you scream my name, Roselyn."

Just as I couldn't wait to be his. To finally feel him everywhere without the restraint of not being officially married.

This was to be my path now, a very different path then I imagined, but it will do. It's not a normal path, in fact it's a very rare path to be picked for, but I was never fit to be normal. Some are just meant for something unique.

I just hope I can live to see the day I can finally see him in his royal suit waiting for me down the isle. And I get to become Queen as planned.

There was one last battle I had to fight for. One last battle to win, before all becomes history and a new life is set for me.

Remembering last nights soft kiss Eithan gave me at the end of the night, after just dancing without any words exchanged but never looking away from each other, I smile and hope for the best.