War of 3015: Chapter Three

Morning came, and I had gotten up, mounted my horse and headed back towards the city. Once I arrived in front of the castle, I un-mounted my horse. One of the guards was shocked by my arrival and accepted me with a warm welcome stating that the King will be happy to know that I have returned.

I walked inside once more, but this time the room was filled with guards from another country... 

"You won't be able to meet King Dameo right now. He is in an important meeting with Scurland. They are here to create an alliance." He paused, looking around, then leaning forward to whisper in my ear, "I heard from the guards who were inside earlier, that young Prince Eithan was offered their princess, which is their only daughter of their family." He leans away.

We both walked a few steps towards the staircase.

"Why are you telling me this?" I aksed. It seemed uminportant for someone who was coming to work for the King...

He shook his shoulders and gave a slight smile.

A huge movement of solders were heard from the outside with the sound of a trumpet. Before I could ask if they were being attacked again, the guard pushed me back a few steps behind him, furthering from the path we were walking to go up the staircase. I was about to ask what he was doing after he pushed me back, but was silenced by the several guards entering with a young lady with a long flowing gown...

The lady was obviously part of some royal family. She looked through the crowd and smiled, well at least until she saw me. As she walked up the staircase, the guard that had pushed her back bowed and then turned to face me again once she had reached the top of the staircase.

"Is that the girl?" I asked.

The guard nodded. "Jelouse?"

I laughed. "Why would I be―"

The sound of something breaking was heard. The guard ran up the staircase and so did others. After wondering what was going on, and the traffic of the guards/soldiers ceased, I walked up, making sure to just slid in, and not be noticed to much.

I reached the second floor, then leaned against the wall beside the room they were all in.

"What do you mean by 'there was another lady here in the castle?'" Prince Eithan's voice shattered the silence.

"Is she your wife?" The lady persisted, in an angry tone.

Eithan dismissed the question. "What did she look like?"

The lady had a fit and ran across the room to hit him, then left the room running...Until she saw me.

"Argh! You? Who are you? Are you his wife?" She yelled, pointing at Eithan.

Eithan, not being able to see me, walked out in a hurry. The moment he saw me, his face was clearly outraged.

"What are you doing here, 'Nina'?" He hissed, disapprouving the fact that I had returned.

The lady walked off in a drama tantrum way and left the caslte. Her father had went slowly after her.

The King, hearing my 'name' came out as quick as he could.

"Nina? Where were you? I have been looking for you. I'm sorry if the attack the other time you came scared you, but that is something you will have to deal with if you are to work for me."

I bowed and smiled. "Yes, I understand. I'm sorry for leaving. But, I am willing to work right this time." I stated.

The lady and her father had returned shortly after my reply. After getting their names, they wanted to clear everything out. To avoid all the guards hearing, they closed the door behind us.