War of 3015: Chapter Ten

He looks at me in such a way that I just couldn't help but want him all over me.

His expression changed once he realized there were others still in the room. 

Sarah smiled with a hint of mischief. I could tell that she saw that expression as much as I did. Hell, she probably knew that something like this would happen. I mean, we had to stay in the same room. Out of all the rooms in the castle they planned for us to be in the same room.

Part of their plan? Hell yes. Will it work? No. I will not allow it. I cannot.

I was hoping to be alone, to think things out, but I can't say this was the worst possible outcome. I have never been around him all the time...Maybe I could see if he truly is who he paints himself to be to the others.

Prince Xavier walks into the room to greet his mother. As his eyes cross from his mother's to mine, his expression brightened. "Well hello again, Roselyn."

"Hello, Xavier."I reply kindly.

He looks away quickly, then with a goodnight, he leaves.

Sarah smiles at me, "I will be returning to my chambers now. It's quite late. You both should go to bed soon as well."

We both nod and say our farewells.

***

He went straight to bed without a word. He didn't complain, he didn't take off his clothes to put on the ones given by Sarah...Hell he didn't even glance my way.

I look at the bed. Standing there, I debate weather or not I should just go ahead and sleep on the floor. I didn't want to make things more awkward then they already seem to be.

Seem. Why? Because I know all too well that I could be reading WAY too much into his behaviour. We shared a kiss. It doesn't mean that were together and have to act like a madly in love couple.

I end up sitting on the chair and thinking for awhile.

I wonder what happened to his mother. Rumours are not the truth. I felt bad for her. The things she must have endured...I wonder how it happened-- how she wounded up marrying that jerk Dameo.

Poor Eithan. He lost his mother because of that idiot.

I turn my head slightly, still keeping my head rested on my palm that was resting on the table.

I couldn't see his face. He hid it underneath the covers. But I could see his breathing rising and falling.

***

"Roselyn?"

A voice calls.

I'm in Eithan's arms, my head resting on his bare muscular chest completely in bliss.

"Roselyn!"

I am shaken awake, much to my dismay. But it could have been worse. It could have been someone else then him waking me up.

"Is everything ok?" He asks, his tone just like before the kiss; his usual kind self.

He's always there when I need him. But this time I could not confide him with my worries. It was about him after all.

"Sure."

He clearly doesn't buy it, but just nods as if he did.

***

I look at myself in the mirrors. My long blond hair curled and my big green eyes staring at me. My eyes scan the lower, looking at the heavy dark green emerald hanging from my neck. Then to a tight fitting dark green corset top, then to the rest of the ballroom dress.