War of 3015: Chapter Fourteen

The ballroom is nicely decorated from the walls to the floor. Many mini candles lit tables with a flower vase in the center, along with many luxurious chairs.

People were starting to come inside as the party officially started.

Music playing, many voices of humans talking, people dancing...And here I am lost and with no idea what to do so I just stand in front of the main staircase and grab a few teasers the waiters were giving out.

Scanning the area, observing how the royals were behaving and wearing, I realize that Leo is near the dancing area with a woman all dressed up like the others. Her face unmistakably the newest leader of Everlyn.

What is she doing here? Is Dameo near by? Suddenly worried that Sarah's castle might be in danger of Dameo fighting once more, I look frantically around for the devil. To my wishes, he's not found.

Walking quickly towards the two, I stop suddenly. I shouldn't be stressing out. Sarah has her many guards on the lookout, especially tonight. They would know. It was not my main concern of the night.

Changing directions and walking towards one of the many tables, my hand is grabbed by some unknown man.

Not liking his approach and quite frankly not looking for any man to woo me, I'm concerned of how I'm going to get out of this.

His blond hair was properly gelled, his eyes a dark brown as his manly features were enhanced due to the usual effects of wearing a nice suit.

A familiar face finds me as I find him, and like my personal knight he's always been, he forces this man's hands off of me and pulls me towards him.

Without any words being exchanged, it was clear he got the message and backed away.

"He didn't --"

"No that's all he did." I rush out, as I'm suddenly nervous now that he's around me and I can barely handle how handsome he looked.

He was handsome before he got dressed in a princely suit, now he was possibly the most attractive man ever in my eyes.

He makes my head turn towards him with his strong and careful hand, and before I could stop him his lips meet mine and I was completely helpless and kissed him back.

"That should clear things up for anyone watching you and wanting you." He starts, "you're absolutely beautiful, Roselyn."

Sarah joins us. "The announcement will start." She warned, "please follow me."

She walks us to the top of the staircase, and then gets everyone's attention shortly. Watching all their eyes turn towards us, I felt a bit embarrassed. I felt out of place.

But I knew this was going to be my life now. After Dameo is dead. I would be queen. Queen gets you a lot of attention.

"Welcome all to tonight's celebration of the next generation of rulers of Carlistan! They have just recently announced their marriage at their own celebration ball a few weeks ago, but now it's their turn to be the full center of attention! Please feel free to chat and dance until diner is prepared, and welcome to Danisha!" Sarah announced.

I can tell she was in a hurry.

When the eyes returned elsewhere, after a few people near by congratulated us, she motioned me to go on the balcony with her, but not Eithan.

She sits down and smiles.

"I'm sure you want to know what you've earned." She starts as I nod. It was a relief to know she wasn't announcing this in front of everyone like she made it seem she would last night. "You've earned an army, an army that is not only mine but combined with other countries that dislike Dameo, in order to ensure that you get a clear distraction and easy entry into the castle to make his way to him and get rid of him." She pauses."That being said, you will be able to end his life without a second thought, right?"

I nod. Yes. Why wouldn't I?

The thought of Eithan's words cross my mind. He was against me killing him with my own hands, but I had to be the one doing it.

"You will be ok with the knowledge that the new Queen killed the previous king to gain rulership?"

No I wasn't doing it for that. I had no interest in gaining leadership until just recently and even so, if Eithan wasn't next in line to the throne, I'd never want this much of a responsibility.

As I explain this to her she smiles.

"I know but that's what it will look like to others. As future Queen, you have to foresee outcomes and pick the one you are most comfortable with. There is a way I can hire someone else to do it. So that the start of your reign isn't in bloodshed."

"Dameo can only be rid of, if blood is shed. All his ruling life was bloodshed and that includes his end. I will not allow anyone to take over my responsibility and my rebellion group's goal that has been entrusted to me. If I let that happen, I have failed as a leader of Everlyn."

"You will not fail. You would be adapting to the situation accordingly, being able to be smarter and in the end, gain a better outcome for you, along with the original outcome you seek, completing your goal, just not the way you originally planned."

But I wanted to end this poor bastards life. He treats women like toys and breaks the rules. It's not someone who deserves to live and I would be more then happy to kill him.

Eithan joins us as Sarah quickly leaves.

The night was going to be a long and boring one. But it would give me time to think on what Sarah suggested. But who would kill Dameo in her place? So many things can go wrong if I allow others to do my part.

"You'd still love me if I killed your father with my own hands?" I ask, as he hugs me from behind.

"Certainly. But the kingdom will have a problem with this. I would as well, but I would still love you."

I turn to face him.

"No, it's not that I don't want him dead. He should. For everything he's done but most importantly to mother." He pauses, calming his voice back to normal, "It's just I don't want the chance of you regretting to end someone's life."

"I've ended many before, this wouldn't be the first."

He stays silent. "You're right. In that case do what you will, but as future Queen, make sure you choose the right one."