"Regrets of the witch. " Noni's backstory

(A/N : If you don't know Noni, she's the Atma on my story "I will protect you. ")

(TRIGGER WARNING : Blood, murder, decapitated body)

"Father, why don't I get to go outside?"

The curious girl asked, looking out from the tower's window, wondering to herself why she can't go out to the city like every normal person.

Her father looked up from a book that he's currently reading, "We can't, Noni. It's far too dangerous for us witches, mages, and sorceress. "

Noni is the daughter of the Grand Archmage, Bram, and the Light Sorceress, Mustika.

"But father, why do they despise us so much? We didn't do anything bad did we?" "No Noni, we didn't do anything bad. The churches just likes to blame us for everything bad that happens to this city. "

Noni looked at her father slightly, feeling confused on why the churches despises witches.

"Why do they hate us?" "Apparently their god dislike us witches. Their god commands them to burn evil witches. But they mistake it as to burn all of the witches. Sometimes they go too far like decapitating the witches bodies and eat them. "

Her eyes widened in horror and shock, she feel sick 'All of that? Just because we are considered bad by their so called god?' She pondered.

"Father, where is mother?" "She went to search for something. " "But it's been three weeks.. "

~Next week~

"Mother haven't returned yet.. "

"Father is going to the city to check something.. "

Noni said to herself as she went to grab her coat

'I should search for them.. '

She carefully sneaks out of her chamber, to the secret door nearby the kitchen.

"Ah! Young lady! There you are!"

'Oh no! I'm caught!'

"Uhm.. Young lady, why are you wearing a coat?"
"It's just simply cold in my room! Hehe.. "
"... Okay? Anyways, we got something!"
"Oh? What is it?"

The maiden hand Noni a chest.

'It's not really heavy.. What's in it?'

"Do you know what's in it?" "No my lady, the letter here that comes with that chest said that a member of the family has to open it. "

'That's suspicious... That's weird...'

She place the chest on the floor and opens it.

'What the-?!'

There is Mustika's decapitated head inside the chest.

Noni was scared and shocked, she sobs loudly. Catching the attention of other servants.

"Who... Who would've done this?!"
The maiden screams in pure confusion and anger. The servants there was in complete shock.

The maiden looks over the chest. There was a letter covered in blood.

"Young lady.. I found a letter. "
Noni looked up slightly, "Could you read it for me?" "Of course young lady. "

"Ahem!" The maiden said as she tried to calm her shaky voice,

"Good evening wretched witches, may your day be a good one. May this unlucky sorceress' day is good as well."

Noni growled in anger.

"I certainly hope you liked the present. I also found the Grand Archmage, he's so loyal to his wife that unfortunately, he got killed. "

Noni's hatred grew as she heard that both of her parents are killed.

"As the priest of the church, I now command you to leave the city, or there will be more witches to slaughter.

Sincerely, the Priest. "

"THAT DAMNED PRIEST!" Noni's eyes turned dark upon hearing the message.

"Young lady please calm down! If we fight we will certainly die!"

The maiden shouted as she looked at Noni leaving the tower.

"Agni, go far away from this city. I'll be back soon enough. " "But young lady-!" "I order all of you to go far away from this city! Do you understand?!"

She and the other servants said in unison, "Yes, young lady. "

Noni made a portal to the church. There he was greeted by the priest himself, "Ah, you are the Grand Archmage's daughter aren't you? Are you here to bring your father home?"

The rest of the people there laughed.

Noni mumbles a spell, then suddenly her hair grows long like tree branches and she attacks the priest.

'What the-? Why is he not dead yet?!'

Unfortunate for Noni, the priest was wearing an armor that could block any magic. But fortunately for her the priest lays on the floor coughing blood.

"You damned witch! Off with her head!" The priest shouted and Noni gets a thousand daggers thrown at her. She blocked all of them.

She launches herself into the air and strike down all the guards.

While she was focused on killing the guards, her magic energy was drained from her. The floor below her opened to reveal thousands of spear.

She fell, and she got stabbed all over her body.

She feels regret because she's not able to protect those she loved.

A millenia later, she was born as an Atma, made to protect (Y/N), a shy student who tends to get bullied and abused often.

She protects them to the very end of her life, she makes them feel happy and safe, until she dies.