Chapter 18

After Marinette finished hiding some random things around the manor, she now started replacing her things with other things. And tried to finish her Liar's line.

It was coming out great. Fit for the liar herself. And with secret messages embroided on them.

And Marinette spent the next hours working on this specific line. Because she knew it was going to be used soon. But, she had fun working on this. And when Dick returned from work, he found Marinette smiling. So maybe she didn't cause all that recent damage.

Maybe the world was now falling into place. But, that was just a maybe. But Dick seemed happy. And if no one has yet hurt his blueberry, then, maybe she will be safe in this dark world.

Dick's pov

I mean, she has me if anything happens. She has Jason and Tim as well. And Alfred, well, we all know Alfred loves her. But, I'm still not sure about Bruce and Dami. But, the three of us is all she needs.

I fully entered her bedroom making my presence noticeable but she didn't move at all. Or like, acknowledge me in any way. She just worked on whatever she was doing. And, well, I forgot what it was called, again.

"Marinette" ? She quickly shot her head up and threw a needle at me. But then I realized, it was a needle. And what does one feel when a needle hits you?

Luckily for me, Jason was right by me going somewhere, so I used him as a shield from the needle still coming my way.

"OW, SHIT, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK"!?

" Oh, I thought you were someone else. So sorry". Was all she said. Jason quickly ran away and I laughed.

"So, what are you doing if you don't mind me asking" ?

"Oh, you know, finishing a specific line".

" Ooh, well, it's coming out great. Though, what does that tiny writing stuff say"?

"Well, you'll find out when it's worn, dear father". She smiled.

" you make me sound old".

"Don't worry. You still have many years ahead, dad".

" there we go, now I sound young again. Now, have you been sad recently, or down, hurt even"?

"Uh, a little"? It came out as more of a question and now I had to know.

" what do you mean maybe"?

"Well, you didn't want me to get hurt. And,I want you to trust me. I'm okay. I'm happy. I have friends. Let me be a normal girl for once and live my emotions".

I was still a bit skeptical but let it go. We both knew she wasn't normal and was never going to be. She never had the childhood she deserved and her maturing cycle was going to also have to be different. She was different. And she needed all protection possible.

So I left her room and decided to go down to the Batcave. Timmy was there and I needed his help.

" Hey, Tim, I need you to set up many tracking devices and some super tiny cameras. I need them for my little muffin ".

" Why, don't you trust her? I mean, now, you're going to stalk her private life"?

"Well, it's for her safety. Haven't you heard about the dividing plates"?

" No. If it's not coffee, it's not important. Unless we find some very interesting things. Like, perhaps, her secret love"?

"Tim, stop talking shit. She doesn't have a boyfriend or a lover of anything. She's not falling in love either. Maybe I changed my mind a while ago, but, I change it again. Everyone is going to hurt her. Understood Timmy? Now, hurry up and prepare the things I just asked for. I have to keep an eye on her".