𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. its grand architect

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋 floated strongly

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋 floated strongly. behind it were the collected pirate ships, all ready for battle.

on a rope, marty peered ahead into the fog-shrouded waters. out of the tragic clouds, a single ship appeared — the endeavour.

"the enemy is here! let's take 'em!" he shouted.

the pirates screamed and yelled their approval, a loud, confident battle cry ringing out across the ships.

but in the distance, more ships appeared . . . then more . . . and even more. with each visible ship, the yells of the pirates grew less strong.

the fog cleared, revealing the huge armada of the east india trading company. hundreds of polished ships, poised and ready for battle, faced them.

the silence on the black pearl soon became deafening.

cotton's parrot flapped its wings and took flight. "awk! abandon ship! abandon ship!" it squawked, making its escape.

all eyes on the pearl turned to jack and bella in anger.

jack smiled nervously. "parlay?"

* * *

jack, bella, elizabeth, and barbossa walked down a narrow strip of white sand, coming to a stop near the end. waiting for them were will, beckett, and davy jones.

the two groups regarded each other in silence for a moment before barbossa spoke.

"you be the cur that led these wolves to our door," he snarled towards will.

"don't blame turner. he was merely the tool of your betrayal. if you wish to see its grand architect, look to your left," beckett replied smirkingly, with a glance towards jack and bella.

barbossa, elizabeth, and bella looked to their lefts, then jack looked to his left too.

"my hands are clean in this," he denied. ". . . figuratively."

"my actions were my own and to my own purpose. jack had nothing to do with it," will spoke.

"well spoke! listen to the tool," jack smiled.

"will, i've been aboard the dutchman... i understand the burden you bear, but i fear that cause is lost," elizabeth said to will.

"no cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it," he answered with a glance to jack.

"if turner was not acting on your behalf, then how did he come to give me this?" beckett held up jack's compass.

the slight grins on bella and jack's faces immediately dimmed.

"you made a deal with me, jack, to deliver the pirates — and here they are. don't be bashful; step up and claim your reward," beckett announced, tossing the compass to jack, who was visibly regretful.