𝐈𝐕. the locker

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 washed up on a bright beach, spitting and gasping for breath

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 washed up on a bright beach, spitting and gasping for breath. they rose and studied their bleak surroundings.

"this truly is a godforsaken place," gibbs breathed, staring at the desolate hills of sand.

"i don't see jack," elizabeth said despairingly. "i don't see anyone."

bella looked around at the bare landscape silently.

"he's here," barbossa told them. "davy jones never once gave up that what he took."

"it doesn't matter," will snapped. "we're trapped here by your doing, no different than jack."

tia dalma slowly turned around, petting a small crab. "witty jack is closer than you think," she smiled.

in the distance, the mast of a ship appeared over the top of a sand dune. it became more visible, and the crew realized it was the black pearl. the ship splashed down into the water, and a man approached the shore.

"slap me thrice and hand me to me momma!" gibbs said in shock. "it's jack!"

jack walked up on the beach toward them. bella broke into a wide smile, feeling a rush of happiness as she followed the crew across the sand to greet him.

"it's the captain!" pintel exclaimed.

"a sight for sore eyes!" gibbs praised. "jack!"

jack's face was stern and his tone was harsh. "mr. gibbs!" he shouted.

"aye, captain," gibbs responded, a bit taken aback.

"i thought so," jack continued. "i expect you can account for your actions, then?"

"sir?" asked gibbs, looking lost. bella narrowed her eyes. this wasn't the jack she remembered.

"there has been a perpetual and virulent lack of discipline aboard my vessel!" jack said angrily. "why is that, sir?"

gibbs squinted at him. "you . . . you're in davy jones' locker, captain."

jack shook his head slightly. "i know that. i know where i am, and don't think i don't."

"jack sparrow," barbossa stepped forward.

"ah, hector! it's been too long," jack smiled. "hasn't it?"

"aye. isla de muerta, remember?" replied barbossa. "you shot me."

"no i didn't," jack shrugged. he moved past barbossa. "tia dalma, out and about, eh? you lend an agreeable sense of macabre to any delirium."

bella stood behind will, who crossed his arms and said: "he thinks we're a hallucination."

jack turned around to him. "william, tell me something. have you come because you need my help to rescue a certain distressing damsel? or rather, damsel in distress? either one."