𝐗𝐈𝐈. the kraken

𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 over to jack and bella

𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 over to jack and bella. "my father is on that ship. if we can outrun her, we can take her," he said. "we should turn and fight!"

jack sighed uninterestedly. "why fight when you can negotiate? all one needs is the proper leverage." he placed his jar of dirt on the banister and caressed it.

suddenly, with a large bump, the ship surged dangerously.

the jar fell to the main deck and broke. alarmed, jack and bella ran down and started sifting through the scattered dirt. her eyes widened when there was no sign of the heart.

"where is it?" jack looked at her anxiously. "where is the thump thump?"

"no, no, no, no, no," bella muttered in denial.

"we must've hit a reef!" a crew member shouted, pointing to the bubbling water under the hull.

"no. it's not a reef!" will yelled. he pulled elizabeth back. "get away from the rail!"

"what is it?" elizabeth asked frightenedly.

"the kraken," will answered in all seriousness. "to arms!"

panic-stricken, bella looked at jack with worry. he stared back at her, fear, regret, and even apology crossing his face. this was it— his final judgment.

sensing he wasn't about to be much help, bella shook her head and hurried away from the dirt-covered deck.

"load guns!" gibbs commanded. "defend the mast!"

bella approached will. "how do we fight it?" she asked.

"it'll attack the starboard, i've seen it before," he told her. bella nodded. "roll out the cannons and hold for my signal!"

the cannons were loaded by the scared crew. slowly, the tentacles of the kraken begin creeping up the sides of the pearl.

"easy, boys," will said calmly from below deck.

"will?" elizabeth looked petrified beside bella.

"steady! steady."

"will?" repeated elizabeth as the kraken closed in.

"hold. hold!" will shouted.

"i think we've held fire long enough!" exclaimed pintel.

the tentacles of the kraken were much too close.

in a moment of fear, both elizabeth and bella screamed in unison. "will!"

"fire!" will finally yelled.

the cannons fired loudly and successfully. the kraken retreated, slightly wounded. crew cheering, will walked back across the main deck.

"it'll be back. we have to get off the ship," he stated.