Fireflies

The attacker's eyes widened with surprise. His jaw dropped, but just for a few seconds. Anger was flashing in his eyes, I could feel the tension he was radiating.

»A girl or not, you piss me off.« He spat at me. He was clenching his right fist, lifting it in the air.

I knew what was coming. My heart was racing, my whole body shook with fear and adrenalin, I breathed out a small cloud of hot air from my lungs, which spattered around like a cloud of smoke. This was it. The only thought I had was I bet guy hits, hurt worse than Virginia's. I closed my eyes.

I felt a whoosh sound of air blowing right next to my cheek and then a hitting sound. What the hell? I didn't feel a thing.

I opened my eyes and saw Lucas's hand stopping his fist. He was clenching the drunk's fist with no effort at all, his face completely blank, except his eyes, they seemed even more darker then usually, painted with rage.

»Big mistake.« Lucas said, his voice embraced with a terrifying and cold tone. He pushed me away, yanking me down on my butt.

What was he doing? He was obviously still hurting from the beating his dad gave him, and if his dad could hurt him as bad, than what chance did he have against the pissed drunk and his five friends? It wasn't enough time to call for help, I wasn't strong enough to defend him, I couldn't…fuck, I couldn't do anything!

»You little fuck.« The drunk growled, throwing his left fist at Lucas.

 I hated this. I hated watching this. I hated here.

But then…then Lucas grabbed the attacker's hand so swiftly, everything else moved in slow motion. He was now holding both of the drunk's fists in his strong, relentless hands. The idiot drunk started grinding his teeth, leaving growling, disgruntled sound pass through his mouth. Lucas's face was still blank, emotionless, except those eyes. Those mysterious, angry eyes.

Suddenly Lucas bashed his head into the drunk's forehead. The drunk lost his sense of orientation, falling on his knees. He was holding his forehead, which was obviously bleeding. That only pissed the idiot's friends more.

They all came at Lucas at once. Without blinking he knocked the first one down with his left fist, he swiftly turned breaking someone's nose by bashing into it with his elbow. He could fight. Lucas could really fight. But there were still three left, and even if he would be the boxing champion, if three big guys attack you at once…

He swung left, he swung right, but they were coming at him from all directions. He was fast, but not fast enough.

A guy grabbed him from behind, clenching his arms with his own, making it not able to move. One of the guys punched Lucas in the stomach, he grunted with pain, furrowing his eyebrows, looking at the guy with rage.

»Lucas!« I yelled in pain of my own desperation. The guy was preparing to hit him again, when suddenly…

Suddenly another guy stopped his fist before it reached Lucas. It was the singer from the band. Luke.

He grabbed his hand, pushing him away. The guy threw himself back at Luke, but before he could come near him, Luke turned around on one leg, swiftly hitting the guy right in the face with his right foot.

Out of nowhere, the bassist Matt showed up, together with Jimmy. They both tackled down the guy who was holding Lucas.

Luke confronted the last of the drunk guys, making him stagger with exhaustion.

They all looked at each other, checking if everything is alright. »I could handle this on my own.« Said Lucas, smirking.

»Sure you could.« Grinned Luke. »But why keep all the fun to yourself, right?« He laughed, high fiving him.