The Midnight Snack

My eyes fluttered open, only to see the lonely darkness of my room. My bed seemed somewhat empty without him. I missed the warm body laying next to me, someone I could snuggle against in the middle of the night. I gazed at the empty space, searching for a reason to fall asleep again, but all I could think of were a million reasons not to.

His eyes.

His hands.

His lips.

It's funny how your mind is suddenly overflown by images and memories of the past when you're trying to sleep. About the stories that begin with – what if...

I shuffled the covers and turned on my left hip, resting my head on the pillow.

Stop thinking.

Stop thinking about him.

Stop thinking about kissing him... Damn it!

I kicked the covers off of me, covering my heated face with cold hands, hoping that that would somehow help. Why am I thinking about him in the middle of the night?! He's right down the hall, why am I so bothered that he's not here? Goddess, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go and see him. You know, just to put my mind at ease.

I got up, almost tripped over Ash who decided to sleep right next to my bed for some reason, and walked down the hallway. The house was completely quiet, all I could hear was the ticking of the clock from the kitchen.

Tick – Tock. 

Tick – Tock.

I approached the couch to sneak a peek of Lucas. He seemed so peaceful when his eyes were closed. The moonlight was casting an inviting shadow across his enchanting face, making it look like the moon was making a show in the theatre of darkness, and Lucas was in the spotlight. The blanket was tucked under him, exposing one of his legs. I guess he kicked it off while he was sleeping.

I went over to cover him up, when I heard his raspy voice: »You do know it's super creepy to stare at somebody while they're sleeping?«

»Uhm...« I mumbled, having a tiny heart-attack because of the sudden shock.

He jerked his eyes open, leaning on his elbows. His hair was messy, but it fit him. Heck, anything fits him. »Can't sleep?« He yawned.

»Yeah...I just came here for a glass of water...« I lied.

»Oh.«

»Mhm.«

»So?«

»What?«

»Are you gonna get that glass or what?«

»Oh, right...« I took a step.

»Wait...« He smirked with a dark desire on his face. »Come here.« He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his lap.

»Huh?« I frowned with puzzlement and a flash of excitement.

»I'm going to seduce you...« He reached up to trail his fingers across my neck, down and low.

»W...What?« I struggled to keep my voice steady.

»...so you won't be able to leave. So you'll stay here.« He buried his head into my neck, tickling me softly with his hair.

»We...We c...can't...«

»Do you wanna leave?« He paralyzed me with his inviting question.

»No...« I breathed out, feeling terribly wicked for such an answer. »B...But this is...«