Stand Tall

Before I get into this chapter, I just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you to everyone who read this book and who commented their thoughts and gave me some ideas.

I really had no idea that this book would blow up like this, and I didn't think it would, honestly.

Writing has been something I've done since I was in 7th grade. I am now a senior in high school. I have written so many novels and fanfictions that I was just writing for fun. KAT was also supposed to be one of those ones I wrote for fun, but this book has changed my life.

I'm just overall really grateful for all of you and I can't wait to write more for you guys to enjoy.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. ❤️

Now that i'm done crying...let's get into the last chapter.

*

When Kat woke up, she felt a little better. She could stand now, and that was enough for her. She looked over at the boys crowded around Julie who sat on the couch.

"Kat! You're awake," Julie smiled. "I'm glad. The boys booked the Orpheum! We're going to get a call any second," she squealed with joy, and Kat grinned.

She was less pale. That was what Reggie gathered from her appearance. He took her into his arms so she didn't have to use all of her strength. Kat gave him a lopsided smile.

"Are you feeling any better, Kat?" Luke asked her, and she nodded.

"A bit. I may have just enough strength to perform," Kat said hopefully, and Luke gave her a side hug.

"Good. We would've sucked without you," Alex chimed in, and Julie nodded her head in agreement.

"Oh, stop hyping me up," Kat said, using another line she picked up from kids in the neighborhood.

"Seriously, Kat. You've been so brave. We need that kind of courage on the stage," Julie said. "Oh, and where's that little girl you're always bringing around?"

"Ellie?" Kat asked. "Hm, I don't know. I haven't seen her...do you think she's okay?" Kat asked Reggie with wide eyes. Reggie nodded at her.

"She's fine. We saw her today with Willie, outside the Orpheum," Reggie explained, and Kat nodded.

"I need to see her again before.." Kat said, and Reggie frowned. "So! The Orpheum!"

"Right! Julie, you should be getting a call riiiight now!" Alex pointed at her phone on the middle of the table. Nothing happened. "Okay," he straightened himself. "Riiiight now!" he said again and the phone began to ring. Julie squealed and after a few moments, the ghosts told her to answer.

"Oh! Hello?" Julie asked.

"Hi, this is Tasha from the Orpheum in Hollywood," the woman on the other line spoke and the five band members began jumping around like crazy. "Is this Julie of Julie and the Phantoms?" she asked. Julie held out her hands for them all to stop freaking out so she could answer.

"Yes, it is," Julie said, now moving her phone to her ear. Kat and the boys began jumping around again.

"We're playing the Orpheum, baby! Yeah!" Julie said excitedly. Kat smiled wide.

"I'm swimming!" Alex said, as Luke and Reggie held him up in the air. Kat rolled her eyes, but the smile never once left her face.

*

Kat stood with the boys around the piano, as Luke went over the set list.

"Julie and I were thinking we'd start with 'Stand Tall,'" Luke said.