Count On Me

Katerina Morgan was not doing well. Her head was full of questions and thoughts that made her sit alone in silence for hours.

She found herself on Julie's garden, sitting beside the flowers where she and Reggie held hands for the first time ever.

Kat thought about her parents. Where are they? How do I get to them?

Kat thought about her brother.

All the things he said to her. The way he spoke to her; made her feel unloved and unwanted.

She still loved him. He was her brother after all. She missed him. She wished she said so many things to him before she died. She wished he'd spoken more to her. She wished that they'd bonded when they were alive.

She had always wanted a protective older brother, but all she got was a rude one.

"Hey," Reggie's voice snapped her from her thoughts. He'd wanted to talk to her the moment she left the studio, but he thought she needed space. Kat looked up at him with a sad smile.

"Hey," she repeated. He sat beside her, taking her hand.

"You gonna tell me what's up?" he asked.  Kat sighed, and nodded nonetheless.

"I guess i'm gonna have to, right?" she asked. "I don't have anyone else to tell," she laughed, humorlessly.

Reggie gave her an offended look. Kat shook her head, closing her eyes and sighing again. "I didn't mean it like that. I just meant—"

"I know," he chuckled. "It's okay. Now, Katerina Morgan, what is wrong?"

"Everything," Kat's voice cracked, and tears filled her eyes. "Reggie, I never even got to say goodbye," she cried.

"To your mom?" he asked.

"To her, to my dad, to my brother—I miss them. You know, what if they're on the other side of whatever this is? What if they've crossed over? I should be with them, right?" Kat asked, as Reggie stiffened beside her, and let her hand go.

"You want to cross over?" he asked. "You want to leave?"

"Oh, Reg, I don't know. I'm just...I'm not sure if they're okay. You know? I want to know if they're okay," Kat sniffled, and Reggie let out a breath, taking her hand back. He couldn't be selfish right now. His girl was falling apart, and he needed to be there for her.

"I know what will help you calm down," Reggie said, a small grin upon his face. Kat furrowed her eyebrows, and when he picked up Kat's instrument beside her, they relaxed. She smiled.

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,"

Reggie began, giving her a nod.

"I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,"

He covered her eyes, playfully with his arm. Kat giggled.

"I'll be the light to guide you
Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends"

Reggie gave Kat a wink. They both knew that they were so much more than just "friends."

"in need
You can count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah
Whoa, whoa
Oh, oh
Yeah, yeah"

Kat stood up from her spot, and Reggie nodded over at her, allowing her to create the next verse.

"If you're tossin' and you're turnin' and you just can't fall asleep
I'll sing a song
Beside you"

She smiled to herself, remembering Reggie singing her to sleep when they were in that dark room.

"And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
Everyday I will
Remind you
Ooh
Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need"

Kat spun around, doing silly dances. Reggie laughed heartily. He really did love this girl.

"You can count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah
Oh, oh
Yeah, yeah"

Reggie sang, and then together, the two harmonized.

"You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go
Never say goodbye"

Reggie took the last chorus, smiling at the girl he'd grown to love so much, as she sat back down beside him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"You know you can
Count on me like one two three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah
Oh, oh"

Kat lifted her head, Reggie already staring back at her, their love-filled eyes meeting each other's.

"You can count on me 'cause I can count on you"

They sang together. Kat stared at Reggie, and he stared back. She leaned in closer to him, to the point where she could feel his breath on her lips. He close the gap between them, connecting their lips for a few seconds, before they pulled away.

Kat blushed a deep red, as well as Reggie. "So...you'll be my girlfriend, right?" Reggie asked, his voice cracking, embarrassing him. Kat threw her head back in laughter.

"Of course I will, you idiot," she said, kissing his cheek.

"Oh, thank God," Reggie let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. The two sat side by side, both with goofy smiles on their faces...and that's how Kat made up her mind.

She was never leaving Reggie.

**

OKAY. YOU GUYS CAN FREAK OUT NOW. :)

OPERATION KAGGIE IS IN ACTION.

I hope you guys liked this chapter as much as I did! I just could not wait any longer!!! I'm so excited they are together now.

Shoutout to: iwishicouldntseeyou 

I LOVE YOUR USERNAME :))

-Angelina❤️